Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM-2013/2014
Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM
Admission RequirementsOSSD with courses from the College (C), University (U),
University/College (M), or Open (O) stream
Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)*
Pre-Technology Ontario College Certificate*
Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
Mature Applicant with appropriate preparation
Recommended Academic Preparation
- Any Grade 12 English (C), (U), or (O)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (C), preferably Grade 12 Foundations for College Mathematics (C)
- It is recommended that students in the Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program take a Technical or Apprenticeship Mathematics course within the ACE program.
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario
- Receipt of Application by February 1st
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements
- *Students admitted to the Fanshawe College Pre-Technology and Academic and Career Entrance Technology stream programs are guaranteed admission the following year to a Technology career program provided that they successfully complete their Pre-Technology Ontario College Certificate or Academic and Career Entrance Certificate and fulfill any other specified conditions. Normally these students are admitted to their first choice program.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS: Students wishing to enter the first year of the program MUST apply to the Mechanical Techniques - CNC program, Program Code MQC1S.
- Students who successfully complete the requirements for an Ontario College Certificate from the Mechanical Techniques - CNC program and wish to obtain advanced programming skills in the second year of the Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM program to complete the requirements for an Ontario College Diploma, must complete an "Application for Program Transfer" form available from the Campus Office or from the Office of the Registrar, Room E1012.
- Students should be aware that Level 2 of the Mechanical Techniques - CNC program (MQC1S) and Level 3 of the Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM program (MNC1S) are condensed and are completed in sequence within one term. Progression from the Mechanical Techniques - CNC program to the Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM program includes successful completion of Level 1 (15 weeks) and Level 2 (8 weeks) of the Mechanical Techniques - CNC program and transfer immediately into the Mechanical Technician - CNC/CAM program for Level 3 (7 weeks) and Level 4 (15 weeks) followed by two co-op terms.