Sponsored Students FAQ
Are you a WSIB sponsored student looking for information about Fanshawe? We've gatherered some commonly asked questions to help. Click on the link below that best describes where you are right now...
- I am interested in attending Fanshawe College
- I am preparing for my arrival
- I am a student at Fanshawe
|I am interested in attending Fanshawe College...|
Where can I find information about Fanshawe College programs?
Click here to choose from over 100 full-time programs.
How do I find more information about a specific program?
For program-specific questions, contact the Program Coordinator. Click here to access the list of academic schools to find your program coordinator.
What is the cost of tuition?
Click here for fees for full-time post-secondary programs (listed by level).
What should I ask the Program Coordinator?
- What preparation is recommended prior to entering this program?
- How many hours per week are spent in class?
- How much time is needed outside of class to complete homework assignments?
- Does this program continue through the summer months?
- Is there a co-op component? What are the physical demands and accommodations?
- Are there field trips? If so, what are the physical demands?
- What kinds of jobs are students acquiring upon graduation?
- What is the employment rate for this program?
- What is the expected entry-level wage and the average wage for this career?
How will Fanshawe accommodate my disability?
Fanshawe College and Accessibility Services are committed to providing equal educational access to students with disabilities. To learn more...
How do I find more information about disability-related accommodations?
Contact Counselling and Accessibility Services and ask to meet with the Accessibility Services Coordinator at 519-452-4282.
What should I ask the Accessibility Counsellor?
- What services can Counselling and Accessibility Services provide me?
- How does Accessibility Services accommodate students sponsored by WSIB?
- Is there adaptive technology that accommodates my injury?
- What should I do now to ensure that my needs are met when I come to college?
- If I decide I want to be connected with Accessibility Services, what is my next step?
|Preparing for arrival...|
I have been accepted to Fanshawe and am unsure about what I need to do next. Who can I contact for assistance?
You can contact Linda MacLeod in our Student Academic Success Services by phone at (519) 452-4430, ext. 4795 or by email at email@example.com.
What other areas of the college may I need to contact?
- Office of the Registrar, (519)-452-4277
- Financial Aid, (519)-452-4280
- Bookstore, (519)-452-4260
- Parking/Lockers, (519)-452-4401
- Counselling and Accessibility Services, (519)-452-4282
- Career Services, (519)-452-4294
What services can the Bookstore provide me?
The Bookstore can provide your textbook and stationary needs. View your booklist online.
What are my transportation options?
Transportation options can be found here.
I live in London but would like to have parking as I cannot take public transit due to my disability. How do I apply for parking?
Please contact the Parking Office at (519)-452-4401 to discuss options.
What are important dates that I need to remember?
Find your key dates here.
How can Accessibility Services help me?
Learn how by clicking here.
How do I register with Accessibility Services?
Complete the online application form.
Are there events organized to better prepare me for coming to Fanshawe?
Yes. Various workshops are provided to meet your needs. Ask your WSIB Service Facilitator for more information.
|I am a student at Fanshawe...|
How can my Student Success Advisor help me?
Student Success Advisors can assist you in reaching your academic and personal goals.
How do I contact my Student Success Advisor?
For Student Success Advisor contact info, click here.
I need tutoring. Where can I get help?
For free academic assistance in English, Math, chemistry, physics, ESL, and study skills, contact The Learning Centre.
Or you can sign up for a peer tutor here.
I am having troubles with keeping up with lectures. What do I do?
There are many options that may meet your needs. This may include recording lectures, accessing lecture notes in advance, a peer note taker, or use of NCR paper. Please consult with your Accessibility Counsellor for more information.
I am having trouble sitting in lectures. What can I do?
Depending on your disability related needs, Accessibility Services can arrange for ergonomic chairs to be placed in your classes. Your accommodation forms can also notify your professors that you may need to take brief breaks or sit/stand as required. Please consult with your Accessibility Counsellor for more information.
Is there a quiet place where I can rest and care for my disability related needs in between classes?
Yes. The Wellness Room is located in F2010. It includes a reclining chair, day bed, yoga mat, microwave and freezer. Please meet with your Accessibility Counsellor to discuss your eligibility for this accommodation.
I am feeling overwhelmed and need someone to talk to. Who can I talk to?
In the course of a lifetime, most of us will experience several personally traumatic incidents. You are not alone. Professionally trained Personal Counsellors can provide confidential, friendly, non-judgmental and supportive assistance. Call 519-452-4282 to make an appointment.
This program is not what I expected and I don’t know if it is the right fit for me. What do I do?
If you are struggling, it will be important for you to speak with your WSIB Work Transition Specialist and your team at Fanshawe College as soon as possible. Accessibility Counsellors and Student Success Advisors will work with you to explore all options in order to ensure your success.