Photo of Jessica

A story of career development

In photo: Jessica Stefan, far right.

Fanshawe College has been a part of my life for the past 15 years, as a student, employee and alumna.

In high school, I was very interested in pursuing education at Fanshawe. My best friend and I wanted to move away, but as small town girls wanted to be close to home. The London campus was a perfect 50 minute drive.

I spent 4 years pursuing training at Fanshawe, where I gained both academic and life skills. I completed a Human Services Foundation certificate and a Child and Youth Worker advanced diploma. I highly recommend this program, the real life experience from lengthy placements taught me more than any full-time classroom could and the in-class instructors who worked in the field were also an integral part, sharing their real life examples.

I spent 2 summers working as a student for Fanshawe within the Community Career and Employment Services department, where I learned my own career direction. A year after graduating, I started working with the College on a part-time/contract basis, while pursuing further education.

Now 14 years later I am a full-time Fanshawe employee, doing what I love within the Employment Services department, close to my small town in Norfolk County. I am honoured to represent such a reputable College and plan to continue to grow with the college for many years to come!