Updated: June 11, 2020
FAQ video series – episode one now available
Fanshawe has created a new three part video series called Fanshawe Answers Questions (FAQ). In each episode, experts from Fanshawe will answer your questions and share insights about a variety of topics that will help you prepare for your upcoming fall semester.
The first episode is now online! This episode answers key questions about tuition and fees, orientation, online learning and what a blended delivery means for your program. Click here to watch the video
Keep a look out next week for episode two that will talk about about financial aid, bursaries, residence and student services. We want to hear from you: if you have questions about any of these topics, email us at email@example.com
Updated: May 28, 2020.
Update on fall semester:
Fanshawe intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall. Half of the full-time programs will be delivered fully online and the others will be delivered through a blend of face-to-face and online delivery.
Students will need to have technology necessary to complete online learning and this may include a webcam, internet access and a computer. You will receive more program specific requirements and detailed information about your class schedule later this summer.
Below are some key dates and answers to some questions you may have:
- For most programs, the fall term starts on Monday, September 21 and ends on Friday, December 18, 2020. There will not be a separate exam week. Your specific start/end dates will be communicated on your fee invoice;
- Your $250 deposit is due by Monday, June 15, 2020;
- Tuition and ancillary fees are still being determined. For an approximate amount, please refer to the tuition and fees page on our website for last year's fees;
- Your fee invoice will be sent by email in the coming weeks;
- OSAP is now open for applications at www.osap.ca;
- Explore Financial Support for information about assistance available during COVID-19;
- Residence information can be found at www.fanshawec.ca/residence. We are still working to determine how many students we will be able to accommodate in each residence, with priority going to students who live outside of London.
Updated: May 21, 2020.
Update on summer and fall semesters, May 19, 2020
Dear Fanshawe Students,
Thank you for your patience as we all work through what has been a very challenging time. We are reaching out today with updates on current plans for our Fall 2020 semester.
Fanshawe continues to follow the guidance of the Ontario Government and public health officials related to when College campuses can re-open. We know that physical distancing measures will continue to be required for the foreseeable future and we have now determined that the College will not reopen until later in the summer and only in a limited capacity.
We remain committed to ensuring you can successfully complete your studies at Fanshawe this fall. Our intent is to have a blended delivery of programs. Some programs will be delivered fully online while others will be delivered through a mix of face to face and online delivery. The fall semester will run from September 21 to December 19. There will not be a separate exam week – all exams and coursework will be completed by December 19.
Details about specific programs will be sent to students by May 28.
For students who need to complete in-person courses from the Winter 2020 semester, our intent is to have you return to classrooms, labs and work placements starting July 20 for two weeks.
Students who were to begin in-person classes at the end of June for the Summer 2020 semester will now begin their courses in the fall.
Our student information website continues to be updated with important information, and there you will also find a list of Student Support Services that you can access remotely. This includes Counselling and Accessibility Services, Library and Media Services, the Office of the Registrar and more.
We understand that students may be facing financial difficulties due to the COVID-19 situation. For information on financial support for students, please visit our website.
Permanent Canadian residents may be eligible for the Canada Emergency Student Benefit. More details about who is eligible and how to apply can be found on the Government of Canada website.
Office of the Registrar
Updated: May 13, 2020.
Message to spring 2020 graduates
Congratulations to our 2020 graduates! Education is a team effort that takes hard work and many of you have persevered through challenging times to complete your program at Fanshawe College. Our faculty and staff are very proud of your achievement. While we have had to postpone our spring convocation ceremonies, we look forward to a future celebration with you.
We continue to develop plans for credential distribution and will provide further information by the end of May. If necessary, you can print/download an unofficial transcript through your WebAdvisor account prior to receiving it.
As a Fanshawe graduate, you join more than 200,000 alumni who are making a difference in their communities worldwide. I encourage you to connect with the Alumni Association to share your successes and accomplishments. They want to hear from you!
As you embark on your chosen career, I hope you will use your Fanshawe credential to pursue your passion and to help others as you contribute your unique talents to the world.
Take care and stay safe!
Vice-President, Student Services
Updated April 24, 2020.
Program withdrawal update
The withdrawal period for winter 2020, extended to the last day of classes, has now ended. Students are encouraged to contact their professors directly to develop a plan to complete the semester.
Services and contacts
To ensure the health and safety of our campus community and to prevent the risk and spread of COVID-19, Fanshawe campuses closed as of 11:59 p.m. March 17, 2020. To support your online learning, student services are offered by virtual online delivery only. To contact student services virtually, please see the contact list below:
- Accessibility Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access Studies (Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS), Academic and Career Upgrading (ACE), Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT): email@example.com
- Career and Employment Services - St. Thomas/Aylmer
- Career Services (Nathan Finch): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Career and Employment Services (Simcoe): email@example.com or leave detailed message at 519-428-1135Community Employment Services (Lisa Rusal, Collyn-Bryce Osbourne-Sorrell and Denise Moniz): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-op (Frank Stevens): email@example.com
- Counselling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fanshawe Student Union (FSU): www.fsu.ca
- Institute of Indigenous Learning (Natalie Fletcher): email@example.com
- International: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., call 519-452-4150
- IT Service Desk (formerly HelpDesk): Chat support (https://livehelp.fanshawec.ca). E-mail support (email@example.com). Phone support (519-914-0951).
- Leap Junction (Kelsey Currie): firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Learning Centre: email@example.com
- Library and Media Services: http://www.fanshawelibrary.com/, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of the Registrar: email@example.com or call 519-452-4277 Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Test Centre, London Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortcut to this page: www.fanshawec.ca/covid19/students
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.