Updated October 7, 2021
Fanshawe plans expanded in-person classes for January
The College anticipates expanding face-to-face academic delivery for the winter 2022 semester and welcoming more students back to the vibrant experiences available on campus.
As Ontario progresses through its re-opening plan, including its framework for post-secondary institutions, Fanshawe is preparing to welcome students back to expanded in-person learning and service delivery in January 2022.
Please watch for an email from your Academic School with program-specific details. Your faculty will send you information about how your courses will be delivered over the next week.
Here are some of the details we can confirm right now:
- Winter 2022 orientation will take place on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 for new students and will combine virtual and in-person experiences
- The winter 2022 semester will begin on Wednesday, January 5 and will end on April 22, 2022 for most programs
- Residences will return to full capacity
- Access to our athletics facilities, fitness centre and dining options will increase
- We will continue our personalized career coaching. A team member from our top-ranked Employment, Career, Co-operative Education and Student Entrepreneurial Services Centre will reach out to you and get you started down the path to a new career
- Student supports are Here for You. Whether you need tutoring, personal and academic counselling, technical help or financial assistance, Fanshawe is here for you and that’s a promise.
As Ontario continues to re-open, we will work in partnership with public health and the provincial government to determine the extent to which on-campus services and activities will be available this winter.
We’re also preparing innovative virtual learning experiences and tools to support remote access where required.
Fanshawe has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy. Under this policy, employees, students, visitors and contractors who come to any Fanshawe campus for the winter semester must be fully vaccinated before the start of classes in January. If you are a returning student who is studying in a blended format, you have already received an email with your access to upload proof of vaccination. You will only be required to upload your proof of vaccination once. If you are a student who has been studying fully online or are a new incoming student, you will receive more information about proof of vaccination later this year.
Note: with COVID-19 still present in our communities, we ask all students to continue following health and safety guidelines. Remain two metres apart from each other, wear a face covering, wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer. If you believe that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms, even minor ones, complete the Ontario Health Ministry Online Assessment tool to get a recommendation on what to do next.