Updated March 22, 2020.
Online exam update
There will be no remote proctoring fees for online exams scheduled from March 16 to April 24, 2020, inclusive. Any payments to Examity made by students after March 16, 2020 will be refunded.
Updated March 20, 2020.
Learning continuity resources update
We continue to set up webinars and opportunities for you to access resources as you move online. Below is list of webinars for the week of March 23, 2020. Additionally we will be holding a special pair of Virtual Drop-In Sessions on Sunday, March 22 at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. should you need anything. After that, drop-in sessions will be held online daily at 10 a.m. for the rest of the week. Use this link: https://fanshawec.webex.com/meet/mosorio.
Here are the upcoming sessions next week. Register for all sessions at Fanshawelearns.
Virtual drop-in sessions held daily at 10 a.m.
Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Bongo Virtual Classroom: 9 a.m.
- Online Proctoring: 12 noon
- Course Learning Outcomes & Evaluations: 2 p.m.
- FOL Tools: Content and Discussions: 2 p.m.
- Bongo Video Assignment: 3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020:
- FOL Tools: Quizzes: 10 a.m.
- FOL Tools: Submissions Folder: 1 p.m.
- Online Proctoring: 2 p.m.
- Bongo Virtual Classrooms: 3 p.m.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020:
- Bongo Virtual Classrooms: 9 a.m.
- Online Proctoring: 11 a.m.
- FOL Tools: Content and Discussions: 1 p.m.
- Bongo Video Assignment: 3 p.m.
Thursday, March 26, 2020:
- Bongo Video Assignment: 10 a.m.
- FOL Tools: Submissions Folder: 12 noon
- FOL Tools: Quizzes: 2 p.m.
Friday, March 27, 2020: sessions TBA.
As you are preparing to make the transition to online learning, we want to take the opportunity to share Information Technology (IT) Services strategy for support.
Your first point of contact for FanshaweOnline (FOL) issues is the Educational Technologist (EST) assigned to your School or Regional Campus/Site. Your EST provides supports for FOL course set-up, core tools, and other technologies associated with FOL (e.g. Bongo).
If you encounter any issues, please contact your EST directly via email. Your EST may also provide you with additional contact information depending on their location (e.g. phone number). If necessary, your EST will escalate issues to IT Services for support and resolution. For more information on how to use FOL please see FOL Help. If you have issues with account setup, passwords, connectivity issues, VPN and WebEx questions, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
In addition to the resources in your School, just a reminder that we have many central resources now available on The Learning Continuity Hub: https://sites.google.com/view/fanshawelearningcontinuityhub/. The hub is updated daily with new information.
There are a lot of questions abut FOL, and there are some terrific video resources to help answer questions you may have: https://www.fanshaweonline.ca/shared/Documentation/10.8/Instructor/HelpVideos/help_videos.html.
You can also email with any specific questions you might have: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated March 15, 2020.
Faculty resources for online learning continuity:
To support School resources and conversations about moving to online delivery as of March 23, 2020, the following College-wide resources are now available:
- Open Learning Continuity Hub with considerations and resources for online delivery: https://sites.google.com/view/fanshawelearningcontinuityhub/. The hub will be updated regularly with new information. Resource updates will also be sent on Twitter @FanshaweTeach.
- Email address for any specific questions related to your course/s; for example, questions about meeting learning outcomes, online delivery questions, assessments, etc.: email@example.com.
- Webinars to help with any questions you may have will be held Monday, March 16 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and again from 12 noon to 1 p.m. Please connect via Web Ex: https://odl-372.my.webex.com/meet/odl. Additional, daily webinars will be scheduled and can be found on Fanshawelearns and via Twitter @FanshaweTeach.
Many thanks to the eLearning Coordinators, OD&L, and the LSS Team for their work in creating these resources on such short notice.
Shortcut to this page: www.fanshawec.ca/covid19/faculty