Michelle Quintyn is a leader in the non-profit community and has extensive experience in non-profit management, community development, fundraising, government relations, marketing, strategic communications and administration. She is responsible for founding and developing several signature nonprofits addressing important social, cultural, community and environmental change.
As President and CEO of Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, Michelle guided the evolution of Goodwill's mission and operations since 2005, growing the workforce to 670 employees, increasing social enterprise revenue to $27 million; helping thousands of individuals to overcome barriers, acquire skills and enter the labour market.
Previous leadership roles
Michelle has held numerous leadership roles including:
- Chief Executive, Covent Garden Market Corporation during its four year transition through redevelopment and launch as London, Ontario's new public market;
- Founder and inaugural Executive Director of University Hospital Foundation and Vice President of Development, University Hospital;
- Executive Director, Foundation for Rural Living, an initiative to stimulate philanthropy, citizenship and collaboration to advance and sustain Canada's rural non-profit and volunteer sector.
- Founder and Chair for nine years, the Southwestern Ontario Chapter of the Parkinson's Society;
- Director, Parkinson Society of Canada;
- Director, Multiple Sclerosis Society;
- Chair Orchestra London, and active participant in building a new London Performing Arts Centre;
- Director, Goodwill Industries International;
- Director, Pillar Nonprofit Network;
- Director, Fanshawe College, Fanshawe College Foundation;
- Member, London Health Sciences Centre Community Advisory Council.
Education and awards
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto;
- Registered Nursing Diploma, Ryerson University;
- Certified Professional Fundraising Executive (CFRE);
- 2012 Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal recipient;
- 2017 YMCA Woman of Excellence for Business and Professions;
- 2017 Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Award Environmental Leadership (for Goodwill).
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.