1.1 Board Process Committee
1. To complete the functions assigned to the Board Process Committee as outlined in Policy B-07.05.
2. To conduct a regular five-year review of:
- Policy B-14 (Governor Orientation);
- Policy C-40 (Terminating the President’s Contract);
- Policy D-14 (Naming Recognition);
- Policy C-01 (Board Responsibilities & President’s Rights);
New Exec. Comp Policy.
3. To support Generative Discussion topics as determined by the Board.
4. To support Educationals/Tours as recommended by the President.
5. To support Linkage activities for the Board. (Engage with faculty in meaningful ways.)
7. Review of Monitoring Reports and Board Agenda structure.
Bruce Babcock (Chair), Patricia Hoffer (First Vice-Chair), Brad Duncan (Second Vice-Chair).
1.2 Audit Committee
1. To complete the functions assigned to the Audit Committee as outlined in Policy B-07.10.
2. To offer Financial Leadership tutorials for Governors.
3. Review Whistleblower process.
4. Complete External Auditor RFP process.
Bruce Babcock (ex-officio), Peter Devlin (ex-officio), Brad Duncan (Chair), Lori Higgs, John Leitch, Stephen McClatchie and Tammie Ashton.
1.3 External Governor Appointment Task Force
To recommend to the Board candidates for the appointment/reappointment of Board Appointees and LGIC Appointees as outlined in Policy B-13.
- Two Appointments
- Three Re-appointments
Patricia Hoffer (Chair), Paul Cocker, Peter Devlin (ex-officio), Brad Duncan, John Leitch, Bob Siskind.
1.4 Fanshawe College Foundation
- To represent the Board of Governors on the Fanshawe College Foundation Board as outlined in Policy B-50.
- Report to the Board at least annually regarding the Foundation’s plans.
Peter Devlin (ex-officio) , Michele Martin (second year of a two-year term), George Kerhoulas (first year of a two-year term).
1.5 Canadian Centre for Product Validation
- To represent the Board of Governors on the CCPV Board as outlined in Policy B-60.
- Report to the Board at least annually regarding CCPV’s plans.
Peter Devlin (Chair) (ex-officio) , Kapil Lakhotia (first year of a two-year term), Michelle Quintyn (second year of a two-year term).
1.6 Hot Zone Training Consultants Inc.
- To represent the Board of Governors on the Hot Zone Training Consultants Inc. Board as outlined in Board Policy B-70.
- Report to the Board at least annually regarding Hot Zone’s plans.
Alex Lau (second year of a two-year term), George Kerhoulas (first year of a two-year term)
1.7 Investment Committee
- To represent the Board of Governors on the College’s Investment Committee.
- Report to the Board at least annually.
Brad Duncan (first year of a two-year term), Dave Schwartz (second year of a two-year term)
2.1 Capital Projects Monitoring Task Force
To monitor progress with the College’s major capital projects including progress to scheduled construction plans and budget.
- Downtown Phase II
- Greenhouse Gas
Paul Cocker (Chair), George Kerhoulas, Lauren Monteith, Bob Siskind.
2.2 Subsidiary Task Force and By-Law Review Task Force (Carried Forward)
- Review/define Governance relationships with Subsidiary Corporations (i.e. Delegated authority, subsidiary compliance with directives, employment agreements with the College)
- To assist with review of governance options for Corporate Training Solutions.
- To assist the Board in a review of By- Laws #1, #2 and #3 (including consideration of alignment to new Ontario Not for Profit Corporations Act) (To be started following the completion of items 1 and 2 above).
Stephen McClatchie (Chair), Tammie Ashton, Paul Cocker, Lori Higgs, Alex Lau, Lauren Monteith, Bob Siskind.
2.3 Commitment to Quality Policy Review Task Force
To assist the Board in a regular five-year review of Policy D-35 (Commitment to Quality).
Michele Martin (Chair), Arien Aubertin, Kapil Lakhotia, Paul Meahan.
2.4 Vision and Mission Task Force
To assist the Board in a regular five-year review of Policy A-05 (Vision and Mission).
Michelle Quintyn (Chair), Arien Aubertin, Bruce Babcock, Michele Martin, Stephen McClatchie, Paul Meahan, Dave Schwartz.
2.5 Health & Safety Audit Task Force
Per Policy D-55 (Health & Safety), the Board will arrange for an independent audit of the College’s health and safety policy and related corporate health and safety management system at least once every five years..
Paul Meahan (Chair), Bruce Babcock.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.