Environment, Health & Safety Services is responsible for leading, developing, implementing, promoting and monitoring safe work practices and programs which include the College's Corporate Health and Safety Management System, Hazardous Waste Management and Environmental Compliance.
- Processes for managing change, technical support and guidance, audit and inspection of academic programs and labs, physical structure, risk assessment, Joint Health and Safety Committee support.
- Designated substances, indoor air quality, noise, lighting, heat and cold, radiation, confined space entry, respiratory protection.
- Full menu of environment, health and safety training with mandatory requirements for employees and contractors.
- Provision of in-class training to Academic community such as fall arrest and Young Worker Awareness Program.
- Spills response, hazardous waste collection and removal.
- Many environmentally related reporting requirements do not apply to Fanshawe College, however we voluntarily participate in Environment Canada’s National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) and One Window for GHG, as well as the Ministry of Environment’s Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN).
The EHS Services office offers these and other services to the entire College community. We are available to discuss health or safety items of concern or interest to individuals, classes, groups and/or divisions.
Employees should access health and safety documents and information via MyFanshawe.