Fanshawe celebrates Distinguished Alumni.
On Thursday, February 5, Fanshawe College President Peter Devlin and Gail Malcolm, President of the Fanshawe College Alumni Association, will host the twenty-third Distinguished Alumni Awards ceremony at the President's Dinner. The College will recognize six graduates and an honorary alumni who have made significant contributions within their fields.
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honour Fanshawe graduates who have used their skills to improve themselves, their chosen field and their community. For the second year, Fanshawe will present an Honorary Alumni Award to an outstanding individual who has made significant contributions to Fanshawe College and its students, while also achieving substantial career success and having a positive impact on the community.
“Each of these Distinguished Alumni Award recipients have achieved great personal and professional success and we are very proud of their accomplishments,” said Fanshawe President Peter Devlin. “In leading a college that is committed to unlocking the potential of students and the community, it's incredibly rewarding to celebrate Fanshawe graduates that are turning heads as industry leaders, entrepreneurs and employees in nearly every job sector in Ontario and around the world.”
“On behalf of Fanshawe's more than 160,000 alumni, I offer my congratulations to the 2014 Distinguished Alumni Award recipients. They are a source of inspiration for both Fanshawe alumni and current students who are eager to make their own mark on the world.” said Gail Malcolm, President of the Alumni Association. “We thank the community for their investment in our graduates and helping to grow such impressive and gifted employees who contribute socially, financially, productively and with heart.”
The 2014 Distinguished Alumni recipients will be honoured at the President's Dinner in the James A. Colvin Atrium in B Building at 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 5 (please see campus map for building location).
The 2014 Distinguished Alumni are:
- Tony Boyle, Web Page Design and Digital Imaging and Animation, 2002 (Business) Founder and CEO, HRdownloads.com
- Karen Keyes, Developmental Services Worker, 1991 (Community Service), Director of Client Services, DeafBlind Ontario Services
- Larry Lau, Marketing Management, 2010 (Recent Graduate), Partner, ATMOS Marketing
- John Loney, (Honorary Alumni Award), Head Coach, Fanshawe College Varsity Cross-Country Team
- Trevor Morris, Music Industry Arts, 1990 (Creative Arts and Design), Composer, Trevor Morris Music, LTD.
- Paul Noakes, Motor Vehicle Mechanic, 1987 (Technology), Owner/Driver – Paul Noakes Racing
- Henrietta Van hulle, Nursing, 1984 and Registered Nurse Occupational Health Nursing, 2005, (Health Sciences), Executive Director, Health & Community Services, Public Services Health & Safety Association