Fanshawe College competes in the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and the Canadian Colleges Athletic Association (CCAA). The College maintains competitive status in both associations with the goal of consistently reaching the national championship level.
The Fanshawe College Falcons seek an experienced, highly qualified and motivated leader to direct its Women's Soccer program.
The ideal candidate is committed to leading the program to national prominence and focused upon student-athlete recruitment and retention, community engagement, and development of soccer both locally and regionally.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Athletics.
KEY ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES include:
(under the general supervision of the Manager of Athletics or a designate)
- Performing all coaching duties consistent with the management of an excellent varsity program including recruitment and retention of outstanding student-athletes; management of assistant coach(es) and team support personnel; development and implementation of individual and team high-performance training plans that foster student-athlete development and team success; tactical and technical preparation for games and practices; assisting in the budgeting and scheduling process; team and individual goal setting and evaluation; communication with student-athletes, recruits, and other stakeholders; mentoring and supporting the positive development of student-athletes.
- Activities will include monitoring academic progress, fundraising, Jr. Falcons soccer camps and some administrative duties relating to travel, accommodation and meals.
- Engagement initiatives in local community soccer leagues and associations.
- Ensuring that all appropriate collegiate, OCAA and CCAA requirements are met with full compliance. Representing Falcons Athletics and Fanshawe College at various meetings.
- Supporting college recruitment and admissions processes and protocols, participating in annual student-athlete orientation programs, and understanding and applying all college, OCAA and CCAA rules and regulations.
- Promote and support program and department marketing, fundraising and engagement initiatives and programs. Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Outstanding character, integrity, passion and a commitment to excellence
- Fully certified NCCP Level 1 (Level 2 preferred) coaching certification and at least 2 years coaching experience at a high performance level (college or university preferred)
- Be an excellent communicator with strong teaching and technical soccer skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated team player
- Soccer Head Coaching experience is preferred
- Demonstrated success as a soccer coach, preferably at the senior amateur,
post-secondary, or secondary levels
- Demonstrated commitment to coaching professional development
- Recruiting and/or other relevant training or teaching related to sport (asset)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Experience working in an academic setting
- Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Records Check including a vulnerable sector screening is required for this position prior to the commencement of any duties
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. All coaches are hired on a part-time basis.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by May 20, 2016 to Nathan McFadden, Manager of Athletics at Fanshawe College, firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 519-452-4434. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.