The College has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and has been working closely with the Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) and the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities. The health and safety of our students and staff is our priority. We know the current situation may cause stress and uncertainty. Based on the information we have today, we have made the following decisions:
- Fanshawe is cancelling all classes for the week of March 16 to 20, 2020. This break will allow us to further evaluate the situation and provide faculty and staff time to develop alternative ways of delivering course content. Apprenticeship and dual credit classes at Fanshawe are also cancelled.
- Our intent is to have as much learning as possible through online classes starting March 23, 2020. In-person classes will resume in alignment with the elementary and secondary schools, currently scheduled for April 6, 2020. More information about alternative class arrangements will be communicated by Thursday, March 19, 2020.
- We encourage students to continue their studies and assignments independently during the week of March 16 to 20, 2020.
More detailed information about these changes will be available on this COVID-19 web page (www.fanshawec.ca/covid-19).
The College has a great number of services and programs to support our students and we encourage them to access those services at any time. We appreciate your patience as we work through these challenging times.
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.