On Thursday, February 2, 2017, Fanshawe will host the 25th Distinguished Alumni Awards, celebrating significant contributions of six graduates, and an honorary alumnus, who have established a legacy of excellence in their workplace and communities. This event also marks the first major celebration of Fanshawe's 50th anniversary year.
What: Hall of Fame Dinner
Date: Thursday, February 2, 2017
Time: 5:30 p.m. (reception), 6:00 p.m. (remarks)
Location: James A. Colvin Atrium, located in B building, London Campus (please see campus map for building location)
Tickets: $100 (includes champagne reception, four-course meal and access to silent auction). Purchase tickets online.
The 2016 recipients are:
- Malcolm Bromley (Recreation Leadership '79), General Manager, Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, City of Vancouver (Community Service);
- Kevin Forestell (Landscape Design '03), President, Forestell Designed Landscapes (Creative Arts & Design);
- Dr. Louise Giles (Nursing '80), Assistant Professor, Pediatrics & Medical Director, Children's Asthma Center, University of Chicago Medicine (Health Sciences);
- Larry Kinlin (Honorary Alumni Award);
- John McArthur (Environmental Planning '71), President, Kiewit Development Company (Technology);
- Mike Papoff (Auto Body and Collision Damage Repairer Apprentice '12), Owner, Kustom Painting by Mike (Recent Graduate);
- Doug Wastell (Business – Marketing '96), President, Wastell Homes (Business).
Biographies of Fanshawe's Distinguished Alumni Award recipients are available at www.fanshawec.ca/alumni/daa.