College celebrates the convocation of more than 1,600 graduates.
Fanshawe College will celebrate the convocation of more than 1,600 graduates at three ceremonies from Thursday, November 6 to Friday, November 7. Honorary diplomas will also be presented to community members who have enriched the lives and careers of Fanshawe College students and alumni while having made a unique and outstanding impact on a provincial, national or global level.
“Convocation is a very special celebration and I wish all our graduates the very best as they embark on the next stage of their careers,” said Fanshawe President Peter Devlin. “The knowledge and skills we've provided ensures students are well-prepared to succeed. We look forward to celebrating with our graduates and the people closest to them at this wonderful time.”
During these ceremonies, the Governor General's Academic Medal for academic excellence and College-wide awards will be presented to top students. Mr. Bert Denda will be bestowed with the status of Professor Emeritus by President Devlin for his nearly 40 years of commitment to our students during his distinguished teaching career.
“Fanshawe's mission is to provide pathways to success, an exceptional learning experience and a global outlook to meet the needs of students and employers,” said President Devlin. “We have succeeded. The graduating class of 2014 will find their credentials from Fanshawe College will create pathways to great careers. We are very proud of them.”
- Degrees, diplomas and certificates will be presented to more than 1,600 graduates
- Presentation of College-wide awards and the Governor General's Academic Medal to graduating students (all three ceremonies)
- Appointment to Professor Emeritus of Mr. Bert Denda, School of Building Technology (Friday, November 7 at 10 a.m.)
- Fanshawe College honorary diplomas will be presented to:
- Mr. Larry Kinlin, President/Owner, Larry Kinlin & Associates Inc.
- Ms. Roberta Jamieson, President and CEO, Indspire
Awards and honours
Convocation is also a time to recognize students who have distinguished themselves through service to both the College and the community while achieving high levels of academic excellence.
The Dean's Academic Award for highest academic standing will be presented to the following graduates:
- Faculty of Business – Mr. Justin Alexander Waelz, Computer Systems Technology (Thursday, November 6 at 10 a.m.)
- Faculty of Arts, Media and Design – Ms. Ganna Mykhailova, Interactive Media Design and Production (Thursday, November 6 at 2 p.m.)
- Faculty of Health Sciences and Human Services – Ms. Kristina Wiersma, Developmental Services Worker Apprentice (Friday, November 7 at 10 a.m.)
- Faculty of Technology – Mr. Allan Gibbons, Electrician (Construction and Maintenance) (Friday, November 7 at 10 a.m.)
- Governor General's Academic Medal – Justin Waelz (Thursday, November 6 at 10 a.m.)
- President's Prize – Ms. Cassie Smith (Thursday, November 6 at 2 p.m.)
- Harry Rawson Award – Ms. Zandra Khan (Friday, November 7 at 10 a.m.)
- Mr. Larry Kinlin, President/Owner, Larry Kinlin & Associates Inc. (Thursday, November 6 at 10 a.m.)
- Mr. Bob Smith, Station Manager, Rogers TV London, Woodstock, Tillsonburg, St. Thomas, Strathroy-Caradoc (Thursday, November 6 at 2 p.m.)
- Ms. Roberta Jamieson, President and CEO, Indspire (Friday, November 7 at 10 a.m.)
All ceremonies will take place in J Gymnasiums 1 and 2 at the London Campus. Please see campus map for directions.