While programs may be offered in different formats this fall, one thing that remains stronger than ever is the College’s commitment to academic quality and student success.
To address concerns students may have about online learning, the College is offering students a four-part Fanshawe Experience Guarantee.
“Everyone at Fanshawe is excited to start the fall semester and we will do everything possible to ensure the success of our students,” says Fanshawe President Peter Devlin. “This guarantee builds on our commitment to providing the best educational experience possible.”
- Exceptional Online Learning Guarantee – reaffirms the College’s commitment to delivering creative and interactive online ways for students to build their skills, advance their knowledge and get ready for an exciting career. If students are not fully satisfied and want to wait until they can take their program in a face-to-face format, Fanshawe will defer their start date to the next available semester when they return in 2021.
- Academic Commitment – Fanshawe faculty are highly trained industry professionals who are committed to helping students learn the skills that will make them successful. In addition to live, online access to professors, students will have access to weekly scheduled office hours to connect, ask questions and get feedback. Academic advisors will book live appointments to discuss pathways, accessibility referrals or academic success plans.
- Student Supports – Fanshawe will ensure students have all the career advice, tutoring, personal and academic counselling, financial assistance and technical help they need to be successful. College staff will respond to all questions within 24 hours and we’ve extended customer service hours in all departments this fall so staff can be there when students need help the most. Fanshawe has the highest graduate employment rate among colleges in Ontario and each student will have a staff member from our career and co-op team as their own personal coach throughout their educational journey.
- Health and Safety Commitment – based on the guidance from public health authorities and the government, the College has implemented even more intensive cleaning protocols, limited numbers of staff and students on all of our campuses, physical distancing and mechanisms to report and track health status.
Further information is available on the Fanshawe Experience Guarantee web page.
For more information about Fanshawe College, please visit Fanshawe's media contact page.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.