College optimistic for fall 2021 academic delivery and student experiences in person.
Looking to the future, Fanshawe College plans to expand face-to-face instruction and return to more of its vibrant on-campus student experiences.
Nearing the one-year mark of its shift to emergency remote delivery due to COVID-19, the College anticipates welcoming more students to campus as Ontario advances vaccine distribution in the coming months. For the fall 2021 semester more small classes, labs and practical instruction will again be offered in person, with appropriate safety protocols in place.
"Since the beginning of the pandemic, the safety and well-being of all members of our community have remained at the heart of our decision-making," said President Peter Devlin. "With hopeful prospects for vaccine distribution and the possible easing of public health regulations, Fanshawe is optimistically planning scenarios that would allow us to welcome students who are eager to resume or start their post-secondary experience in Fanshawe’s exceptional labs, studios and hands-on learning spaces this fall."
Additional plans are in development to increase access to Fanshawe's world-class athletics facilities, dining options and campus life services as public health officials are able to relax restrictions.
To address concerns students may have about attending classes in September, the College is offering a Fanshawe Experience Guarantee.
Fanshawe’s Student Experience Guarantee
- Students can try Fanshawe for 10 days risk free. If they're not fully satisfied, the College will refund tuition, ancillary fees and program fees and their deposit will be deferred to the next available intake for the program;
- Every full-time post-secondary student will have a Signature Innovative Learning Experience to develop crucial job skills through multidisciplinary projects, live client work, applied research, entrepreneurship or global projects;
- Fanshawe is now a designated Adobe Creative Campus, giving all students full access to the Adobe Creative Cloud, free of charge;
- Students will receive personalized career coaching from our top-ranked Employment, Career, Co-operative Education and Student Entrepreneurial Services Centre;
- Student supports are available to assist students with tutoring, personal and academic counselling, technical help or financial assistance.
Physical distancing measures and other safety protocols remain at the core of Fanshawe's planning as the College builds scenarios that would allow more students on campus while continuing to deliver certain course components online. Fanshawe will continue to refine service delivery models to ensure students and staff have the best supports available without compromising safety and well-being.
Summer 2021 semester:
Summer students who start May 3, 2021, will complete their semester online or through a combination of in-class and online learning, consistent with the way classes are currently being offered.
Fall 2021 semester:
Depending on the vaccine distribution timeline, government regulations and public health guidance, Fanshawe is cautiously optimistic that on-campus activities may be safely expanded in the fall semester. Smaller classes, hands-on labs and practical instruction will be offered in person. Programs which were delivered fully online before the pandemic will continue online. The fall semester will run from Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, December 17, 2021.
Fanshawe will continue to share information throughout the coming months. For the most recent details about Fanshawe’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.fanshawec.ca/covid19.
For more information, please visit Fanshawe's media contact page.