Fanshawe has received $2.4 million of funding from the provincial government for apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs.
Deputy Premier and London North Centre MPP Deb Matthews announced the funding at a news conference at Fanshawe on February 29. The money comes from the Apprenticeship Enhancement Fund and Pre-Apprenticeship Training program.
The College received $457,500 for two pre-apprenticeship programs: truck and coach technician (London Campus) and culinary (Simcoe/Norfolk Campus).
The Apprenticeship Enhancement Funding was announced for two programs: $1 million for automotive and $1 million for agriculture. The funding will be used to modernize tooling and equipment for apprenticeship students.
Pre-apprenticeship information sessions
Information sessions for the truck and coach service program will be held at Fanshawe's Centre for Applied Transportation Technologies building at 1764 Oxford Street East. Interested participants are asked to bring a copy of their resumé. Applications will be accepted at the information sessions.
All sessions will be held in Z building, room 1024:
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 8, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 10 a.m.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fanshawec.ca/truckcoach