Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
"Physical distancing measures and keeping our employees and students safe are at the core of our planning,” says Fanshawe President Peter Devlin. We are building scenarios that would allow us to bring students onto campus when it is required while continuing to provide course delivery online where possible."
The College will not reopen until later in the summer, and only in a limited capacity. Fanshawe will continue to deliver student services virtually. We will continue to refine our service delivery models to ensure students and staff have the best supports available.
“Our commitment is to deliver classes in the safest learning environment possible,” says President Devlin. “We will continue to follow guidelines from public health and the government, with our guiding principle being the health and safety of our students, employees and our communities.”
The remainder of the 2019/20 academic year will be completed as follows:
For the winter semester students who need to complete face-to-face work to finish their courses, Fanshawe intends to have them return to classrooms, labs and work placements starting July 20 for two weeks.
Summer students who started May 5 will complete their courses online with classes and exams finishing August 21.
For summer students who had planned to start face-to-face classes at the end of June, these courses are being deferred to the fall.
Fanshawe intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall. Half of the full-time programs will be delivered fully online and the others will be delivered through a blend of face-to-face and online delivery.
Students will need to have technology necessary to complete online learning and this may include a webcam, internet access and a computer. You will receive more program specific requirements and detailed information about your class schedule later this summer.
Below are some key dates and answers to some questions you may have:
- For most programs, the fall term starts on Monday, September 21 and ends on Friday, December 18, 2020. There will not be a separate exam week. Your specific start/end dates will be communicated on your fee invoice;
- Your $250 deposit is due by Monday, June 15, 2020;
- Tuition and ancillary fees are still being determined. For an approximate amount, please refer to the tuition and fees page on our website for last year's fees;
- Your fee invoice will be sent by email in the coming weeks;
- OSAP is now open for applications at www.osap.ca;
- Explore Financial Support for information about assistance available during COVID-19;
- Residence information can be found at www.fanshawec.ca/residence. We are still working to determine how many students we will be able to accommodate in each residence, with priority going to students who live outside of London.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.