Key Performance Indicators show Fanshawe grads find jobs.
The annual Key Performance Indicators (KPI) survey reveals Fanshawe eclipsed the provincial average with graduates continuing to find jobs and satisfaction with their education and training.
Fanshawe's graduate employment rate was 87.5 per cent, 3.5 per cent above the provincial average of 84 per cent.
"We are pleased with this year's survey results," says Fanshawe President Peter Devlin. "Fanshawe is committed to delivering skills that help graduates get jobs and meet the needs of employers."
The college graduates' success in the workforce is particularly noteworthy as students, parents and employers look for a stronger alignment between post-secondary education and the labour market. Growing numbers of students are pursuing combinations of college and university education and the number of university graduates enrolled in college programs has increased more than 40 per cent over the past five years.
"The KPI survey is an important gauge for how the College is performing," says President Devlin. "The results show Fanshawe is best in class and we lead all other large Ontario colleges in graduate employment, graduate satisfaction and graduation rates."
The College's graduation rate is 70.8 per cent and is more than five per cent above the provincial average graduation rate of 65.7 per cent. The College graduation rates for its two and three-year diplomas had some of the highest rates in the province.
Annually since 1998, provincial KPI data has been gathered for Ontario colleges and for the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, using the following key performance indicators: graduate outcomes (employment); graduate satisfaction; employer satisfaction; student satisfaction; and graduation rate. The most recent data was collected from March 2014 to February 2015.
Key findings included:
- 87.8 per cent of employers were satisfied with the quality of educational preparation of Fanshawe College graduates.
- Six months after graduation, 82.2 per cent of Fanshawe graduates report they were very satisfied/satisfied with their post-secondary education – a score that is above the provincial average of 80.0 per cent and best amongst its competitors.
- 78.1 per cent of Fanshawe students surveyed in their second semester and beyond report they were very satisfied/satisfied with the overall quality of services, programming and resources available to them; this is 1.9 per cent above the provincial average of 76.2 per cent. The results are based on the following:
- 86.8 per cent of students were satisfied with the knowledge and skills developed for their future career.
- 80.5 per cent of students were satisfied with their learning experiences and program quality.
- 76.1 per cent of students were satisfied with the quality of the facilities and resources.
For further information, please visit Fanshawe's media contact page.