Second annual competition on Wednesday Feb. 26
Fanshawe College will host its second annual Iron Chef competition on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. Held in partnership with the Canadian Association of Food Professionals, the event teams up chefs from London-area restaurants with students in Fanshawe's culinary programs.
The guest judges will be: Mike Pitre, President, London Branch Chefs Association; Larissa Valentine, President-elect, London branch Canadian Association of Foodservice Professionals and Philippe Lehner, Head Chocolatier, Habitual Chocolates.
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2014.
Time and location: Welcome will take place in Saffron's Restaurant at 1 p.m.; competition will take place in the cooking stadium, room A1013, Fanshawe College, 1001 Fanshawe College Blvd., London.
Community guest chefs will be:
- Robert Stewart, Petit Paris Creperie & Patisserie
- Kyle Romansky, The London Club
- David Lamers, Abruzzi Restaurant
- Danijel Markovic, Katana Café & Restaurant
- Scott Sanderson, La Casa Ristorante
- Neil McKay, Four Points by Sheraton
- Jesse Jones, London Bridge Child Care Centre
The contestants will begin cooking at 2 p.m. and judging times will take place as follows:
Soup or salad: 3:30 p.m.
Appetizers: 4:15 p.m.
Entrée: 5:15 p.m.
The winners will be announced at 6 p.m.