A project has been launched to renovate the student lounge in F1012. Along with the face lift of the student lounge, the space will house a new home for LEAP Junction.
LEAP Junction is very excited about this move as entrepreneurship is becoming increasingly important at Fanshawe College. Construction is scheduled to start next week with completion and move in of LEAP Junction on April 4. 2016. Construction is scheduled to start next week with completion and move in of LEAP Junction on April 4. 2016.
The LEAP Junction space within F1012 student lounge will include:
• A separate collaborative entrepreneurial co-working space;
• A larger space providing over 600 square feet more than the current space and offers the potential to expand into the adjacent lounge during their summer incubator program when student lounge use is low;
• Centrally located;
• Highly visible to staff and students;
• Natural light;
• An adjacent separate office to allow for private consultations;
• A separate meeting space for smaller groups of students to conduct private meetings, with a phone to allow for conference calls;
• A large white board wall;
• Controlled access to LEAP Junction area for entrepreneurial students and open access to the lounge for all students;
• Technology enabled for collaborative work;
• Enhanced WIFI;
• Comfortable seating, with individual and collaborative group study areas.
Once construction is completed, the remainder of the lounge will still be available for all students to access and it will be refreshed with new furniture, paint and carpet.
LEAP Junction is very grateful to Fanshawe's Student Union for providing space over the past two years. We look forward to celebrating this new space for students!