On Friday, October 28, 2016, Fanshawe College will celebrate the convocation of 176 graduates from its St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus. The College offers a diverse range of programming in Elgin County, including academic upgrading, certificate and diploma programs, as well as continuing education and apprenticeship opportunities.
"The faculty, staff and administration of the St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus will look on with great pride as the Class of 2016 participates in graduation ceremonies," said campus chair Ross Fair. "These students are the 19th class to graduate from this campus and they join over 174,000 Fanshawe graduates who are making important contributions to our economy and our society. Congratulations to these outstanding individuals!"
Fanshawe honorary diplomas recognize outstanding individuals who have enriched the lives and careers of Fanshawe College's students and alumni. This year, the St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus will recognize Mr. Jim Wilgar with a Fanshawe College honorary diploma.
In addition to the presentation of diplomas and certificates, awards will be presented to several graduating students. Mr. Samuel Carpani, a graduate from the Tool and Die Maker Apprentice program, will receive the Dean's Academic Award for achieving the highest academic standing among all Regional Campus graduates in St. Thomas, Woodstock and Simcoe. Seventeen other awards will be presented to graduating students for highest academic achievement in their programs:
- Ashley Diane Crocker: Child and Youth Worker
- Nathaniel James Foster: Electronics Engineering Technician - Industrial Controls
- Robert Charles Fox: Electronics Engineering Technician - Industrial Controls
- Bernice Ada Keane: Esthetics
- Deb Carmichael: Health Care Office Assistant
- Michael Dearing: Mechanical Engineering Technician - Industrial Maintenance
- Justin Mark Carpani: Mechanical Engineering Technician - CNC/CAM
- Kurtis William James Beckett: Mechanical Techniques - CNC
- Youngsuk Park: Mechanical Techniques - CNC
- Melanie Louise Fearman: Personal Support Worker
- Dillon Richard Mc Phee: Personal Support Worker
- Susannah Catherine Vendryes: Personal Support Worker
- Kayla Pauline Wright: Personal Support Worker
- Ashley Winters: Pre-Health Science
- Robert Edward Berge: Renewable Energies Technician
- Mitchell Geoffrey Axford: Welding Techniques
- Tiffany Meagan Murdoch: Welding Techniques
The fall graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, October 28, 2016, at 2 p.m. at St. Joseph's High School, 100 Bill Martyn Parkway, St. Thomas, Ontario (adjacent to Fanshawe College St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus).
For further information, please contact Corporate Communications.