On Wednesday, October 19, 2016, Fanshawe College will celebrate the convocation of over 240 graduates from its Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campus. The College offers a diverse range of programming in Oxford County, including academic upgrading, certificate and diploma programs, as well as continuing education and apprenticeship opportunities.
"Graduation is a special time not only for our graduates but also for their families and our staff," said Woodstock Oxford/Regional campus chair Donna Derer. "It is rewarding to see their hard work pay off as they make the official transition into Fanshawe alumni. We feel we have prepared them well to explore the opportunities which lie before them. With a 14 percent larger graduating class than last year, we know that many will continue living in the region, contributing to the economic prosperity of Oxford County."
Fanshawe honorary diplomas recognize outstanding individuals who have enriched the lives and careers of Fanshawe College's students and alumni. This year, the Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campus will recognize Ms. Kelly Gilson with a Fanshawe College honorary diploma.
In addition to the presentation of diplomas and certificates, awards will be presented to several graduating students for highest academic achievement:
- Amanda Irene Clifford - Personal Support Worker
- Ashley Marie Crowe - Hair Stylist
- Justine Danielle Fonk - Office Administration – General
- Victoria Lynn Giesler - Business – Entrepreneurship and Management
- Jennifer Christine Jung - Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
- Michael Christopher McDonald - Police Foundations
- Andrea Marijke Mui - Pre-Health Science
- Kendall Petty - Child and Youth Worker
- Leanne Marie Smith - Practical Nursing
The fall graduation ceremony will be held on Wednesday, October 19 at 4 p.m. at Maranatha Christian Reformed Church, 735 Frontenac Crescent, Woodstock, Ontario. The ceremony will also be streamed live online at fanshawetv.ca/live.