Second Career is an Ontario government program created to help people who have:
- Been laid off at any point after January 1, 2005 and are currently unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week.
- Taken an interim job to make ends meet after their initial layoff whether you are now unemployed or still working in such a job.
- In addition, non-EI-eligible clients are eligible for Second Career support to take training less than 6 months in length.
The program will help unemployed workers who commit to a long-term training plan make the transition to new careers in growing areas of the economy.
Second Career can help an applicant with the costs of tuition, books, living expenses and other costs associated with the training for up to $28,000. In some cases, Second Career can provide additional funding for disability accommodation, dependent care, relocation expenses, and academic upgrading.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.