Each season we see new fashion trends. But that doesn't mean you have to run out and buy a new wardrobe (though if you do, no judgement here!). If you're on a budget, here are some cheap and cheerful ways to keep your closet fun, fresh and current for fall 2018:
Fall fashion trends
- Plenty of plaid - Plaid is everywhere! From shirts to purses and scarves to gloves, this pattern is an easy accent to add to update your wardrobe.
- Red - Head to toe shades of red or used as a colour accent, it is guaranteed to get you noticed!
- Animal prints are back - Add a cute leopard blouse, boot or shoe to basic black.
- 80s western - Snakeskin patterned cowboy boots, patch pockets on your top or some fringe on your purse brings this trend into 2018.
When in doubt, accessorize!
- Silk scarves in variety of patterns are being worn on necks, tied to purses, as purse straps and around the waist and ankles.
- Handbags are large and slouchy. In contrast, small neck pouches and belt bags that are only big enough to hold essentials keep us hands-free.
- Sunglasses are staying large and jewellery size is going in the same direction.
- Asymmetrical earrings are being shown, with one long and one short or a different earring in each ear.
About the expert:
Lauri Mead has over 30 years experience in retail merchandising and display. She taught part-time in the Fashion Marketing and Management program and is now at LIVE CHIC at Fanshawe College. The store is a learning lab for the program. Lauri coaches students in a hands-on application of all aspects of the operation of a retail store.