Sprawling over 6 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, The Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden is known across North America for its array of unique and endangered plant species and commitment to horticulture excellence. Founded by A.M. (Mac) Cuddy and Patricia Van Omen Cuddy, the estate has evolved into one of Ontario’s premier plant collections and is now proudly managed as a “living classroom” by Fanshawe College’s Horticulture Technician program faculty and students.
Highlights of the The Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden:
- The Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden was first developed as a park-like landscape in the early 1950’s, and in 1991 extensive design and further development took place over the next 5 years to become the expansive garden seen today.
- The gardens and house were donated to Fanshawe College in 1996 by Patricia Van Omen Cuddy, and are currently managed by faculty and students of the Horticulture Technician programs. Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience in all new development and routine maintenance of the garden.
- Reflecting an English planting style, the gardens are designed with complex layers of plants with changing venues weekly and an organic lawn care program has been instituted since 1992.
- Each spring, some one hundred thousand bulbs bloom throughout the garden, with over 30,000 narcissus of some forty different species and cultivars flowering throughout the grounds.
Guests are welcome to visit the Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden, open to the public during regular Open House events and for groups by appointment.
There are no open Garden events scheduled at this time; please refer back to this page for future event details.
Group tours are available by appointment only, for a fee. Please contact Michael Pascoe for more information, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 519-520-3359.
The Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden is an ideal setting for your next meeting or reception. Whether your event is a large or formal gathering or a small casual meeting, we can help you create the perfect venue!
Event planning services can include:
- Outdoor venue consultation, booking, and access
- Catering services and dietary accommodations
- Coordination of security, cleaning services and grounds
- On-site event assistance
Our professional event coordinators can help you select the right options for your event and look after all the details. Contact us today at 1-844-CTS-FANS, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.