Our research laboratory is open for new agri-food/agri-tech projects!
Fanshawe's Centre for Research and Innovation's CARIB industry laboratory - which is a leader in supporting innovation in the agri-food/agri-tech sector - is an essential service. For the last months, our leading scientific expertise has responded at this critical time by conducting groundbreaking COVID-19 treatment research that is showing exciting promise.
Now we are ready and open to new projects to help with Food Innovation.
We are one of the few college research labs open to projects to help the food industry emerge with strength during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are ready and able to take on new projects, applying our leading-edge expertise and facilities to support businesses and our Ontario economy.
We are ready to work with you.
1) proof-of-concept product development
2) product testing
Lab & Analytical Services
- bioextraction of plant materials
- batch and continuous fermentations
- analysis of proteins, fats and carbohydrates - analysis of minerals (iron, calcium, etc.)
- nutritional labeling, shelf-life testing
- cannabis testing and R&D
FUNDING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
Innovation Enhancement (NSERC)
Areas of Focus:
- agri-food (food processing, food testing)
- bio-waste (product extraction)
- plant and soil health
Areas of Focus:
- advanced manufacturing-related research specifically focused on agriculture and agri-food
- proof-of-concept manufacturing design & build, in a wide variety of industry sectors
- business plans and exporting plans for manufacturing-based companies
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.