The Foundation wishes to establish and maintain the confidence of donors, potential donors and the community at large by exercising integrity in all phases of our operations, including fundraising activity. The purpose of this policy is to establish mandatory ethical standards for fundraising activity conducted by or for the Fanshawe College Foundation.
Fundraising: The seeking of financial support for specified needs of Fanshawe College or any of its subsidiary corporations.
Fundraising activities conducted by or on behalf of the Fanshawe College Foundation consistently adhere to the following standards:
1. Are truthful;
2. Accurately describe the Foundation's activities;
3. Disclose the Foundation's name;
4. Disclose the purpose for which funds are requested;
5. Disclose the Foundation's policy with respect to issuing official income tax receipts including any policy on minimum amounts for which a receipt will be issued;
6. Disclose, upon request, whether the individual or entity seeking donations is a volunteer, employee or contracted third party; and,
7. The Foundation does not, directly or indirectly, pay finder's fees, commissions or percentage compensation based on contributions.
The Executive Director will present to the Board an annual monitoring report demonstrating that principles in this policy are in practice, and identifies trends or themes that highlight challenges and emerging issues.
Fanshawe College Foundation
Board of Director's Policy Manual
Category D- Board-Operational Expectations
Title: Fundraising Ethics
Policy Number: D-03
Effective Date: June 1, 2016