Here are some links to help you with visas and work and study permits:

Getting your student work permit

Getting your study permit

Transferring to another institution

Having trouble? Please don’t hesitate to contact our on-site Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA), Joy Jia by email at or call 519-452-4430 x6056.


Minors coming to Fanshawe to study without a parent/legal guardian will need additional documents if they are less than 17 years of age. The minor must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada, known as a custodian. In some cases, a custodian may also be needed for minors between 17 and 18. This will be at the discretion of an immigration officer.

Effective February 1, 2017, custodianship services are available through Fanshawe College, if required, for a one-time application fee of $250.  *Note:  This fee is non-refundable.  

We require the standard custodianship declaration form found here: as well as a signed agreement. Please request the agreement by email:

These documents must be completed and sent to:

For more information about custodianship, please visit: