The Fanshawe International Student Experience Guarantee.
(1) Exceptional online learning guarantee
Exceptional online learning guarantee
Fanshawe is committed to delivering creative and interactive online ways to build your skills, advance your knowledge and get you ready for an exciting career. If you are not fully satisfied with learning online, rest assured, we’re here for you. If you choose to withdraw from your program by January 22, 2021, we will defer your start date to the next available semester in 2021 to your program of choice.* We guarantee it.
Please note: students who decide to withdraw from their winter 2021 full time post-secondary program and defer their seat to the next available intake are asked to make that request through our Virtual Application System (VAS). Our Student Experience Guarantee team will arrange an appointment to discuss your options and process your request.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) classes start January 11, 2021. EAP students requesting a deferral to a future term will be required to do so by January 15, 2021.
*Admission requirements must be met, pending seat availability. Please visit our International Withdrawal and Refund page for more information about our refund policy, at www.fanshawec.ca/international/refund.
(2) Academic Commitment
Fanshawe faculty are committed to helping you learn the skills that will make you successful. Just because lectures are online this winter doesn’t mean you won’t develop rich relationships with our experienced faculty and staff. The Fanshawe Academic Commitment is:
- All Fanshawe programs delivered online will be taught by highly trained professors and teaching staff.
- You will have live, online access to your professors every week.
- Every program coordinator will have weekly scheduled office hours where you can connect live, ask questions and get feedback.
- Academic advisors, who are experts in your program, are available Monday to Friday, to book live appointments to discuss program pathways, accessibility referrals or create personalized academic success and progression plans.
(3) Student Supports are Here for You
Student Supports are Here for You
Whether you need career advice, tutoring, personal and academic counselling, technical help or financial assistance, Fanshawe is here for you and that’s a promise.
- You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Student support services at Fanshawe commit to personally responding to all phone and email inquiries within 24 business hours. If we don’t know the answer, we commit to finding it and won’t leave you hanging.
- We are extending our customer service hours in our Student Service Hub this winter to be there for you when you need us the most.
- And for our international students, the International Call Centre will be available Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 519-452-4150. International Student Life Coordinators will help you navigate immigration hurdles, study permits, work permits and connect you with our signature Fanshawe Cares arrival service program. Book an appointment with a Student Life Coordinator.
- Fanshawe has the highest graduate employment rate and that is not by accident. Starting this January, a team member of our career and co-op team will reach out to you and get you started down the path to a new career.
- International Students can access Fanshawe Cares. Fanshawe Cares is a program that represents the attitude of the staff, students and volunteers in Fanshawe International and across the College. Fanshawe Cares offers the best start on your journey with Fanshawe College. For the winter semester, you are offered:
- Transportation from Toronto’s Pearson Airport to London at no charge to all new International students.
- Options for 14-day self-isolation stays at local hotels with preferred rates for Fanshawe students, and contacts for local delivery service for grocery, medications, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Canada Homestay Network self-isolation and accommodation options.
- Information about Fanshawe College Residence.
- Off-campus housing resources and virtual information sessions.
- Self-isolation checklist including tips for travel plans, and essential documents.
(4) Health and Safety Commitment
Health and Safety Commitment
Your health and safety is our top priority. We’ve implemented even more intensive cleaning protocols, limited numbers of staff and students on all of our campuses, physical distancing and mechanisms to report and track health status. As always, we’re making decisions based on information and guidance from public health authorities and the government.
* More details:
Refund policy – visa denial: Winter, 2021
Level 1 post-secondary international students: If you have applied for a study permit prior to January 11, 2021, you are permitted to begin your studies online. If you are denied a study permit after the 10th day of classes you must complete the online withdrawal/refund form within 10 calendar days of receipt of the notification of denial by IRCC and no later than 4 p.m. EST April 16, 2021 after which no refunds will be processed. You will need to log in with your WebAdvisor user name and password, complete the form, and upload a copy of your visa denial letter.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) students: If you have applied for a study permit prior to January 11, 2021, you are permitted to begin your studies online. If you are denied a study permit after the fifth day of classes you must complete the online withdrawal/refund form within five calendar days of receipt of the notification of denial by IRCC and no later than February 25, 2021.
Visa denial refunds are subject to a small $250.00 administrative fee. Please note: If a student withdraws after the dates outlined above for any reason, all fees paid for that semester will remain with the College. Please make sure to mark these dates in your calendar.