ESCEM Summer Program
Dates: June 24 to July 12, 2019.
Location: Tours, France.
Enjoy the idyllic setting of the Loire Valley while learning about international management issues and French culture! This program is hosted by ESCEM in the French city of Tours, only one hour south of Paris. Located in the heart of the famous Loire Valley, its castles are a UNESCO world heritage site and its vineyards are known around the world.
You will study International Marketing and Cross-cultural Management in Practice. Students will also receive five hours of ‘French 101'. Classes will be taught by local professors in English. Students will also participate in regular field trips and cultural activities to truly experience French life. Activities include guided tours and visits to the regions castles, a winery and French gastronomy experience, and celebrating the national holiday, Bastille Day! Students will also visit with local companies to experience French business practices.
Program cost: 2,400 euros (Approx. $3,700 CAD).
- Two courses;
- Single accommodation with shared kitchen;
- Weekday lunches and welcome dinner;
- Program activities and local visits.
- Breakfast, dinners, and weekend meals;
- Health insurance;
- Round trip airfare and transportation;
- Visa (if necessary);
- Personal spending.
Students will be hosted in a modern residence located in a 12-acre park on the north banks of the Loire River. The domain dates from the 16th century with a magnificent view over the city centre! Students will have a private bedroom and shared kitchen/bathroom facilities. Bus and tram lines are available nearby for easy access around the city and to campus.
- International Marketing;
- Cross-cultural Management in Practice;
- Five hours of French 101.
- European Culture
Additional optional French language training
This two-week seminar at the Institut de Touraine will improve your French and will take place after the regular summer program starts.
|Optional two-week French seminar||Dates||Cost|
|15 hours per week of study||July 15 to 26||540 euros|
Applications for the France Summer Program are due May 15, 2019.
- Pick up an application form from the International Office (E2025, London Campus) or request one via email from firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Submit the completed application form to Caitlin Smith, International Projects and Exchange Coordinator, Fanshawe International (E2025) no later than May 15, 2019;
- Selected students will be contacted for an interview;
- Final selections will be confirmed on an on-going basis until the spaces are full.
For more information go to the International Office (E2025, London Campus) or contact email@example.com.