Dates: One-week, two-week and month-long programs are available from June 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
Location: Cesine Design and Business School in Santander, Spain.
Experience the most influential summer course of your life, nothing like a typical summer course!
Cesine Design and Business School summer courses provide the perfect combination of academic learning and sports activities. The learning is provided by prestigious professionals in the field of sports, design, management and marketing. Our teaching philosophy encourages teamwork and interdisciplinary skills.
Cesine students practice surf at one of the most prestigious surf schools in Europe. This school is located in Somo, one of the best surfing spots in Spain. Somo offers more than seven kilometres of white sand and excellent waves for learning and practicing this sport, and is located just 20 minutes away from downtown Santander and Cesine Campus.
Each week, the students of the Business and Design programs will have two face-to-face workshop sessions at the CESINE Campus and an online session to work on each of the projects.
Every day students will enjoy their surf lessons and they will also have free time to practice this sport on their own, both in the morning and in the afternoon.
This summer program is open to all students at Fanshawe College and can qualify for elective credit with approval from program coordinator in advance. There is scholarship funding available for students participating in summer programs. For more information on available scholarships, visit the International Office (E2025) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design and Surf:
This program links the world of surfing with the university world and establishes common ground through different Design workshops from the sociocultural point of view. It allows the student to acquire basic academic skills about surfing and its relation with design, for understanding its social importance and its relation with urban culture.
Business and Surf:
The Business and Surf program allows students to acquire knowledge and skills about the surf industry, whose global economic impact is 48 billion dollars per year.
This program is very useful for professionals and future managers looking for complementary training focused on the field of surfing. With an eminently practical methodology, students increase their managerial skills, develop competencies regarding sports business management and learn to make business plans in the international arena.
This summer program costs 753 euro per week (approximately $1,100 CAD).
- Classes, seminars and workshops at Cesine campus;
- Visits to companies and businesses;
- Textbooks and learning material;
- Surf courses;
- Complete surf equipment (wetsuit and surfboard);
- Accident insurance;
- Accommodation in Surf Camp (half board, breakfast and dinner);
- Academic transcript;
- Attendance diploma.
- Round-trip airfare;
- Visa/insurance costs;
- Additional spending money.
A base accommodation option will be provided by the school and is included in the program cost. Students who opt for alternative accommodations will be responsible for those costs.
The applications for this summer program are due by March 15, 2020.
- Pick up an application form from the International Office (E2025), or request one via email from email@example.com;
- Submit a completed application form and application essay to Caitlin Smith, International Projects and Exchange Coordinator, Fanshawe International (E2025) no later then Monday, March 9 at 1:00 p.m.;
- Final selections will be confirmed by Wednesday March 11, 2020.
For more information go to the International Office (E2025, London Campus) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.