Banking, foreign currency
What do I need to open a bank account in Canada?
- One identification document such as a passport
- One other piece of identification such as a student card
- Something that has your local address on it, such as a letter from the college or a letter from your homestay host
For more information on dealing with Canadian financial institutions go to www.fcac.gc.ca
What is the bank closest to the College?
- Bank of Montreal
Located in the Northland Mall at the corner of Huron Street & Highbury Ave.
1255 Highbury Ave., London
Located in the Oxbury Mall at the corner of Oxford Street & Highbury Ave.
1299 Oxford Street East, London
- RBC Royal Bank
Located at the corner of Dundas and Saul Streets.
1670 Dundas Street, London
Located just north of Huron Street
1250 Highbury Ave., London
- TD Bank Financial Group
Located at the corner of Huron Street & Highbury Ave.
1314 Huron Street, London
To locate banks, restaurants etc. in the London area, go to the Canada 411 website, choose "Find a Business" and use the "Proximity" search option. You can search by local address or postal code to locate businesses within the area you are interested in.
Where can I exchange foreign currency?
- Continental Currency Exchange
Located in Masonville Mall at the corner of Fanshawe Park Road & Richmond Street
1680 Richmond Street, London
- London Currency Exchange Inc.
Inside the Robert Q Travel Centre
105 Wharncliffe Road South, London
For more information visit http://londoncurrencyexchange.ca/.
- Your own bank.
Most banks will exchange foreign currency if you have an account with them.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.