Updated March 11, 2022.
Fanshawe Cares - Arrival Services
International students coming to Canada are required to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Health Canada. Unvaccinated students under the age of 18 who are coming to Canada must attend a designated learning institution with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan, such as Fanshawe College.
Please continue to monitor the most recent updates from government and health authorities. For more information, please visit the government website.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
Fanshawe’s vaccine policy
Please visit Fanshawe's COVID FAQ page for details and frequently asked questions about Fanshawe's vaccine policy. If you are an online student who will not be coming to campus this semester, you have the option to complete this declaration instead of uploading your vaccination information. If your plans change and you will be coming to campus, please upload your vaccination information here.
International Student Form
All Fanshawe students must complete the International Student Form to have their quarantine plan approved at least seven days before travelling.
Please note: Fanshawe Cares provides complimentary shuttle service to students arriving in Canada for the first time. This service is provided for up to 30 days before the beginning of each term. Assistance is provided with booking and accessing services for family members - but Fanshawe will only cover the cost for the student.
*Shuttle service is from Toronto’s Pearson Airport or London’s International Airport to a London or regional campus address (St. Thomas, Woodstock, Simcoe).
- Shuttle service will be offered between April 2 and May 2, 2022 to students coming to Canada for the first time for the May 2022 term.
- Shuttle service will be offered between August 6 and September 5, 2022 to students coming to Canada for the first time for the September 2022 term.
- EAP students - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
1. COVID-19 Readiness Plan
COVID-19 Readiness Plan
Fanshawe College has received approval for its COVID-19 Readiness Plan and has been added to the official list by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All designated learning institutions in Canada, including the 24 publicly funded colleges in Ontario, were required to submit their COVID-19 Readiness Plans for approval from the provincial and federal governments, including their respective health agencies.
International students with approved Study Permits or letters of introduction showing approval for a Study Permit are allowed to travel to Canada, whether their program is being delivered fully online or in a blended format.
All students arriving from outside of Canada must submit their International Student Form.
Stay safe everyone.
Dean, Fanshawe International
2. Getting ready to travel to Canada
Download these free apps
Review the Government of Canada website for updates
Plan your arrival to Canada
- You will need a quarantine plan – Check the government website for more information;
- If you need help creating your plan, please contact email@example.com;
- Resources for Fanshawe students (where to stay, food/medicine deliveries, etc.) – email firstname.lastname@example.org for updated information;
Please note: Use this link to complete the International Student Form at least seven days prior to travelling to Canada.
3. Arriving in Canada
What to expect upon entry to Canada
- The transportation services provided by Fanshawe College strictly adhere to all COVID-19 protocols. Masks are required at all times during travel.
- Morcare health insurance details and contact information.
- Please note: Students planning to arrive in Canada during a semester will need to re-submit the International Student form so health care can be re-instated.
4. Quarantine period (If required)
- You will receive several "quarantine check-in" phone calls from Fanshawe Cares staff, including a call on the final day to provide you with information about services, supports and resources available to you. Your Canadian phone number is required. You must complete a daily online check-in form.
Important - All travellers will receive calls from a live government agent or automated system (telephone number: 1-888-336-7735), and may also be visited at your place of quarantine by a Screening Officer to verify your compliance. It is important to answer all government calls, including in-person visits.
According to the Government of Canada website, violating instructions provided to you upon entry in Canada and during your 14-day quarantine is an offence under the Quarantine Act, which will be taken very seriously and could lead up to:
- 6 months in prison, and/or
- $750,000 in fines.
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm of another person, you could face:
- A fine of up to $1,000,000, or
- Imprisonment of up to 3 years, or
Fanshawe College is required to, and will, report all non-compliances related to the Quarantine Act.
If you feel sick
- Ontario self-assessment tool
- If you have severe symptoms and need medical attention, call 9-1-1 immediately.
5. Welcome to Fanshawe
Please keep checking the Orientation page for updated information.
Please join us for events and activities. View the complete list of events.
Please join our social media accounts for daily posts, activities and contests!
Please keep checking for key dates/events prior to the beginning of each semester.
Before you come into the College
- Fanshawe has implemented a vaccine policy - please read the details.
- Download the Fanshawe Stay Safe app;
- Before you come to campus, you must complete the online training module via FanshaweOnline (students). Students: We recommend you complete the training on a PC device as mobile phones and tablets will sometimes cause errors and the course will not load;
- Complete the Daily COVID-19 Screening (on the Fanshawe Stay Safe app) and submit it to Fanshawe before entering any campus;
- All employees, students contractors and visitors who are coming to campus are required to complete Fanshawe’s COVID screening form each day they plan to be on campus;
- Please do not enter campus unless you have completed and passed the assessment, as you may be asked by College staff to provide verification;
- If you do not pass the assessment or have concerns, please contact your School or Administrator for next steps. Do not come to campus until a plan has been established to protect your health and safety and that of others;
- The online screening form can be accessed on any device at https://forms.fanshawec.ca/xfp/form/54 or through Fanshawe’s Stay Safe app.
International student services
- Student Support Services are delivered both online and in-person. Connect with a Student Life Co-ordinator Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time) for an online appointment. Please use this link to book your appointment.
- The International Centre can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 519-452-4150 or email@example.com.
For additional information, visit: