Updated October 20, 2021.
Key Arrival Dates for Winter 2022
- Students fully vaccinated with a vaccine recognized in Canada: Quarantine is not required, and students should arrive by January 3, 2022
- Students fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): Quarantine is required, and students should arrive by December 5, 2021 (*students may require a booster shot)
- Students who have not received any vaccines: Quarantine is required, and students should arrive by November 7, 2021 (*full vaccine series will be required)
This information is subject to change. Please continue to monitor the most recent updates from government and health authorities.
Q. What is Fanshawe’s vaccine policy?
A. Please visit Fanshawe's COVID FAQ page for details and frequency asked questions about Fanshawe's vaccine policy
If you have received a vaccine outside of Ontario, please visit the Middlesex London Health Unit’s vaccine information page.
Travelling to Canada
Q. What is the latest information about travelling to Canada?
Please visit the Government of Canada’s website for updates about travelling to Canada. Fanshawe continues to require unvaccinated travellers to complete their 14-day quarantine at a Fanshawe-approved hotel in either Mississauga or London or an approved private residence in London/regional campus only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete list of resources.
All Fanshawe students must complete the COVID-19 Readiness Form to have their quarantine plan approved at least seven days before travelling.
Fanshawe Cares Arrival Services will continue to offer transportation to London and regional campuses as well as quarantine supports for students.
Your safety matters. Fanshawe International is encouraging only those who need to be in Canada (i.e. blended programs) to arrive during this time.
1. COVID-19 Readiness Plan
COVID-19 Readiness Plan
Fanshawe College has received approval for its COVID-19 Readiness Plan and has been added to the official list by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All designated learning institutions in Canada, including the 24 publicly funded colleges in Ontario, were required to submit their COVID-19 Readiness Plans for approval from the provincial and federal governments, including their respective health agencies.
International students with approved Study Permits or letters of introduction showing approval for a Study Permit are allowed to travel to Canada, whether their program is being delivered fully online or in a blended format.
All unvaccinated students arriving from outside of Canada are required to complete a 14-day quarantine period, and all students must submit their COVID-19 Readiness Form
Stay safe everyone.
Executive Director, Fanshawe International
2. Getting ready to travel to Canada
Download these free apps
Review the Government of Canada website for updates
Plan your arrival to Canada
- You will need a quarantine plan – Check the government website for more information;
- If you need help creating your plan, please contact email@example.com;
- Resources for Fanshawe students (where to stay, food/medicine deliveries, etc.) – email firstname.lastname@example.org for updated information;
Please note: Your Quarantine Plan must be submitted using this link to the COVID-19 Readiness Plan at least five days prior to travelling to Canada.
3. Arriving in Canada
What to expect upon entry to Canada
- The transportation services provided by Fanshawe College strictly adhere to all COVID-19 protocols. Masks are required at all times during travel.
- Morcare health insurance details and contact information.
- Please note: Students planning to arrive in Canada during a semester will need to re-submit the COVID-19 Readiness form so health care can be re-instated.
4. Quarantine period
For non-vaccinated travellers: Please note that you will be required to complete a 14-day quarantine period upon entering Canada. If you test positive, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
- You will receive several "quarantine check-in" phone calls from Fanshawe Cares staff, including a call on the final day to provide you with information about services, supports and resources available to you. Your Canadian phone number is required. You must complete a daily online check-in form.
Important - All travellers will receive calls from a live government agent or automated system (telephone number: 1-888-336-7735), and may also be visited at your place of quarantine by a Screening Officer to verify your compliance. It is important to answer all government calls, including in-person visits.
According to the Government of Canada website, violating instructions provided to you upon entry in Canada and during your 14-day quarantine is an offence under the Quarantine Act, which will be taken very seriously and could lead up to:
- 6 months in prison, and/or
- $750,000 in fines.
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm of another person, you could face:
- A fine of up to $1,000,000, or
- Imprisonment of up to 3 years, or
Fanshawe College is required to, and will, report all non-compliances related to the Quarantine Act.
If you feel sick during the quarantine period
- Ontario self-assessment tool
- If you have severe symptoms and need medical attention, call 9-1-1 immediately.
After the 14-day quarantine period
14 days of online sessions
Join Fanshawe Cares staff, along with other areas of the college, for 14 days of live Zoom sessions to prepare you for Fanshawe and keep you company during your quarantine period. Sessions include: Library, Housing, Fanshawe Student Union, Morcare Health Insurance and more!
View the online sessions on YouTube.
5. Welcome to Fanshawe
Please keep checking the Orientation page for updated information.
Please join us for events and activities. View the complete list of events.
Please join our social media accounts for daily posts, activities and contests!
Please keep checking for key dates/events prior to the beginning of each semester.
Before you come into the College
- Fanshawe has implemented a vaccine policy - please read the details.
- Download the Fanshawe Stay Safe app;
- Before you come to campus, you must complete the online training module via FanshaweOnline (students). Students: We recommend you complete the training on a PC device as mobile phones and tablets will sometimes cause errors and the course will not load;
- Complete the Daily COVID-19 Screening (on the Fanshawe Stay Safe app) and submit it to Fanshawe before entering any campus;
- All employees, students contractors and visitors who are coming to campus are required to complete Fanshawe’s COVID screening form each day they plan to be on campus;
- Please do not enter campus unless you have completed and passed the assessment, as you may be asked by College staff to provide verification;
- If you do not pass the assessment or have concerns, please contact your School or Administrator for next steps. Do not come to campus until a plan has been established to protect your health and safety and that of others;
- The online screening form can be accessed on any device at https://forms.fanshawec.ca/xfp/form/54 or through Fanshawe’s Stay Safe app.
Virtual student services
- Student Support Services have moved to virtual delivery. Online appointments with International Student Life Co-ordinators continue to be available. Connect with a Student Life Co-ordinator Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time) for an online appointment. Please use this link to book your appointment.
- The International Centre can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 519-452-4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, visit: