As of November 5, 2021, those coming to any Fanshawe campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption. Those with an approved exemption will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the last 72 hours.
Those who are not fully vaccinated and who do not have an approved medical exemption will not be permitted on campus as of November 5. This date was chosen to allow a grace period for those who are not yet fully vaccinated to receive both doses and reach the 14-day waiting period after the second dose.
“Fanshawe’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is being developed to help protect our students and employees who must come on campus,” says Brenda Henry, senior manager of Environment Health, Safety and Emergency Service. “We recognize the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on our region, and we are committed to keeping our community safe.”
Until November 5, 2021, staff, students, visitors and contractors who are not yet fully vaccinated may come to campus and an education program about the benefits of being vaccinated will be provided.
Should a visitor/client attend and during the sign-in process advise that they have not been or cannot be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption:
A request for proof of medical exemption will be required. Fanshawe College is not collecting or storing this information but only verifying that it meets College entry requirements.
In addition, the Exemption letter should contain the following information:
- Name and contact information of the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Logo or letterhead identifying the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Statement that identifies one of the two medical exemptions accepted by the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health:
- Severe allergic reaction or anaphylaxis to a component of a COVID-19 vaccine; or
- Myocarditis prior to initiating an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series (individuals aged 12-17 years old)
- An effective time-period for the medical reason which includes the date the patron is seeking access to the business or organization.
Religious exemptions must be submitted in advance of the visit to the College so that it may be processed appropriately.
Religious exemptions should be forward to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be reviewed and the outcome communicated to the visitor/client.
Upon arrival, the visitor/client should display their confirmation email from the College of a granted exemption.
For more information about Fanshawe College, please visit Fanshawe's media contact page.