Student Awards Bursaries are provided through the generous support of donors. A bursary is a non-repayable award assessed on financial need through an online application which evaluates educational expenses and all resources. Other criteria may be considered such as extra-curricular activities, grade point average, and citizenship. Fanshawe College and the Fanshawe College Foundation work closely with community partners to secure financial support for students in need. Through the kind generosity of organizations, individuals, and government programs the College provides opportunities through bursaries to help alleviate some financial burdens students are faced with. Please note that a limited number of bursaries are available each semester and are dependent upon donor funding.
Types of bursaries offered
- First generation bursaries
- Entrance (first time student) bursaries
- Graduating level bursaries
- Aboriginal bursaries
- Athletic bursaries
- Bursaries for students with disabilities
Bursary application dates
Please note that dates may vary.
|Fall Bursaries||September 21, 2020 to October 9, 2020|
|Winter Bursaries||January 11, 2021 to January 29, 2021|
|Summer Bursaries||May 3, 2021 to May 31, 2021|
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.