The following bursaries are administered by Financial Aid and are subject to the availabity of funding each year:
Applications Open from February 7, 2020 to June 26, 2020 for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Entrance bursaries are for students attending Fanshawe College for the first-time on a full-time basis, and can show financial need. Students attending on a full-time basis within a post-secondary or post-diploma program at Fanshawe College are eligible to apply. Apply early, the application is available from February 7, 2020 until June 26, 2020 for students attending any term (Fall 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021) in the 2020-2021 academic year.
Apply here using your Fanshawe Username and Password. Don't know your login, go to WebAdvisor. (Hint: This was emailed to you when you first applied to Fanshawe.)
- Fall/Winter Terms & Fall Term: September 17, 2019 - October 16, 2019
- Winter/Summer Terms & Winter Term: January 18, 2020 - February 15, 2020
- Summer Term: May 16, 2020 - June 14, 2020
Fanshawe College Student Assistance Bursary was established by the College in accordance with Ministry guidelines related to tuition fees. This bursary is available to full-time students who have a demonstrated financial need while in school. Both educational and personal expenses related to program study will be considered. Students attending on a full-time basis within a post-secondary or post-diploma program at Fanshawe College are eligible to apply.
|Work Study Bursary||Term(s)||Dates|
|Part-Time Work Study||Fall/Winter||August 2, 2019 - September 16, 2019 (or until positions filled)|
|Part-Time Work Study||Winter||December 6, 2019 - January 17, 2020 (or until positions filled)|
|Summer Work Study||Summer||March 6, 2020 - May 15, 2020 (or until positions filled)|
The Work Study program is designed to provide work opportunities to full-time post-secondary or post-diploma students with a demonstrated financial need.
Students would normally work a maximum of 8-10 hours per study period week or up to 35 hours a week during the summer.
If you are approved for the Work Study program, you can check the jobs posted with Career Services, D1063, and apply for the posted jobs of your choice. Students must be approved for Work Study program participation prior to accessing information on available Work Study program positions. Work Study program participants must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to qualify and continue in the Work Study program.
If you have a permanent disability, you could be eligible for full-time OSAP funding if you're studying at 40% or more of a full course load. To be considered for this benefit, you must self-identify as having a permanent disability when applying for OSAP. You must also submit an application for the OSAP Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) and Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE), available mid to late June.
- Apply for OSAP and be eligible for OSAP funding (submit all required documents)
- If required, complete the new OSAP Disability Verification Form available under Required Documents when your self-identify as a student with a permanent disability and return to the Financial Aid Office, E2020 or upload on your OSAP application
- Follow up with the application for the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) and Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE), available mid to late June.
Click here to search and download forms for the BSWD and CSG-PDSE on the OSAP website.
- Register as early as possible with Accessibility Services at Fanshawe (Room F2010, London Campus). Early identification ensures consideration for the BSWD and the CSG-PDSE. You could also be eligible for other accommodates and supports offered by Accessibility Services.
Click here to complete the Early ID Form or call 519-452-4282 and ask for an appointment with a counsellor.
The Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) and Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE) help students with financial need meet educational-related costs associated with a permanent disability. Funding could be granted for services and equipment such as tutoring, Learning Disability Assessments and specialized equipment, including computer hardware/software.
The Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary is administered by Financial Aid and Student Awards, room E2020. The purpose of this bursary is to assist students with low family income and resources AND are pursuing their certificate, diploma or degree on a part-time basis.
The eligibility thresholds set for the Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary are consistent with those established for institution-funded special bursaries set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Applications are considered on a first-come/first-served basis as limited funding is available. To apply for this bursary you must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined on the application.
Fall applications are now closed.
ISWEP is an on-campus work experience program for international students at Fanshawe College. The goals of ISWEP are to:
- Create opportunities for international students to gain training and experience in a Canadian work environment through on-campus employment;
- Build and enhance resumé content and interview skills;
- Prepare students for their post-graduate entrance into the work force;
- Provide a source of income;
- Benefit the Fanshawe College community with the global outlook of our diverse international students.
- Incomplete bursary applications will be denied. Application deadline dates are strictly enforced as are maximum levels of financial assistance. Interviews may be required as part of the decision process.
- Funds from the bursary programs are to be used for the student's own personal or educational needs. Responsible management of financial resources and borrowing ability through other sources are part of the decision process. Processing times may vary in accordance with the time of year and volume of requests.
- Limited amounts of bursary funds may be available.