The following bursaries are administered by Financial Aid and are subject to the availabity of funding each year:
Applications Open from February 2, 2018 to June 30, 2018 for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
Entrance bursaries are for students attending Fanshawe College for the first-time on a full-time basis, and can show financial need. Apply early, the application is available from February 2, 2018 until June 30, 2018 for students attending any term (Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019) in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Apply here using your Fanshawe Username and Password. Don't know your login, go to WebAdvisor. (Hint: This was emailed to you when you first applied to Fanshawe.)
- Fall/Winter Terms & Fall Term: September 19, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Winter/Summer Terms & Winter Term: January 17, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Summer Term: May 19, 2018 - June 17, 2018
Fanshawe College Student Assistance Bursaries have been established by the College in accordance with Ministry guidelines related to tuition fees. These bursaries are available to full-time students who have a demonstrated financial need while in school. Both educational and personal expenses related to program study will be considered. Students attending on a full-time basis within a post-secondary or post-diploma program at Fanshawe College are eligible to apply. FCSAB applicants are automatically considered for the Fanshawe College Academic Excellence Bursary which is given to full-time students who are on the Dean's Honour Roll in their previous semester and demonstrate financial need.
|Work Study Bursary||Term(s)||Dates|
|Part-Time Work Study||Fall/Winter||August 4, 2017 - September 18, 2017 (or until positions filled)|
|Part-Time Work Study||Winter||December 1, 2017 - January 26, 2018 (or until positions filled)|
|Summer Work Study||Summer||March 2, 2018 - May 18, 2018 (or unitl positions filled)|
The Work Study program is designed to provide work opportunities to full-time post-secondary or post-diploma students with a demonstrated financial need.
Students would normally work a maximum of 8-10 hours per study period week or up to 35 hours a week during the summer.
If you are approved for the Work Study program, you can check the jobs posted with Career Services, D1063, and apply for the posted jobs of your choice. Students must be approved for Work Study program participation prior to accessing information on available Work Study program positions. Work Study program participants must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to qualify and continue in the Work Study program.
Students must apply and qualify for OSAP assistance along with submitting an application for the OSAP Bursary for Students with Disabilities.
The Bursary for Students with Disabilities helps students with financial need meet educational-related costs associated with a permanent disability. Funding could be granted for services and equipment such as tutoring, Learning Disability Assessments, and specialized equipment, including computer hardware/software. Students interested in applying for this bursary should complete the online Early Identification form. For more information, contact Counselling and Accessibility Services (Room F2010, London Campus) and ask for an appointment with a counsellor at 519-452-4282.
The Fanshawe College Part-Time Studies and Continuing Education Bursary is administered by the Financial Aid Office, room E2020. The purpose of this bursary is to assist students with low family income and resources AND are pursuing their certificate, diploma or degree on a part-time basis.
The eligibility thresholds set for the Fanshawe College Part-time Studies and Continuing Education Bursary are consistent with those established for institution-funded special bursaries set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Applications are considered on a first-come/first-served basis as limited funding is available. To apply for this bursary you must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined on the application.
The Summer Term Application will be available beginning March 2, 2018 until March 30, 2018.
ISWEP is an on-campus work experience program for international students at Fanshawe College. The goals of ISWEP are to:
- Create opportunities for international students to gain training and experience in a Canadian work environment through on-campus employment;
- Build and enhance resumé content and interview skills;
- Prepare students for their post-graduate entrance into the work force;
- Provide a source of income;
- Benefit the Fanshawe College community with the global outlook of our diverse international students.
More information about ISWEP and the application are available on MyFanshawe - Money Matters. Login using your Fanshawe UserName and Password (Hint: add fanshawe\ to the front of your UserName)
- Incomplete bursary applications will be denied. Application deadline dates are strictly enforced as are maximum levels of financial assistance. Interviews may be required as part of the decision process.
- Funds from the bursary programs are to be used for the student's own personal or educational needs. Responsible management of financial resources and borrowing ability through other sources are part of the decision process. Processing times may vary in accordance with the time of year and volume of requests.
- Limited amounts of bursary funds may be available.