Novotny Technology Entrance Scholarships - 2021-2022
These renewable competitive entrance scholarships are awarded to students currently attending a Canadian secondary school who will be attending Fanshawe College in the fall semester in a 2-3 year diploma or degree program.
Scholarships will be awarded to approximately four students who have the highest final academic averages, on a competitive basis:
|Final admission average||Total scholarship value|
|Highest admission average||$2,000|
- Architectural Technology
- Aviation Technician - Aircraft Maintenance
- Aviation Technician - Aircraft Maintenance Co-Op
- Aviation Technician - Avionics Maintenance
- Aviation Technician - Avionics Maintenance Co-Op
- Aviation Technology - Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics
- Aviation Technology - Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics Co-Op
- Building Renovation Technology
- Commercial Flight and Aviation Leadership
- Chemical Laboratory Technology – Science Laboratory
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Carpentry and Renovation Technician
- Construction Engineering Technician
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology Co-Op
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician Co-Op
- Environmental Technology
- Honours Bachelor of Applied Technology - Biotechnology
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician Co-Op
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology Co-Op
- Mechanical Technician – Tool and Die
- Motive Power Technician (Automotive)
- Motive Power Technician (Diesel)
Terms and conditions
Additional eligibility rules
To be eligible for entrance scholarship consideration, at the time of their OCAS application, applicants must:
- Have completed their Ontario secondary school diploma, or be currently enrolled in an Ontario secondary school;
- Be enrolling in a post-secondary institution for the first time;
- And have accepted your offer of admission by May 1, 2022.
Calculation of averages
- Entrance scholarship averages are calculated using an applicant's High School average.
- Scholarship and award averages are rounded to two decimal points.
- Final grades, grade corrections and/or grade amendments received after August 1, 2022 cannot be considered for scholarship calculation.
- In the event of a tie, consideration will be given to final grades achieved in the mandatory pre-requisite courses for the related Faculty of Technology or Regional Campus technology program.
- Scholarships are only transferable to programs within the Faculty of Technology or Regional Campus technology programs.
- Scholarships are only valid for the academic year in which they are offered.
- Students are only eligible to receive one of either the Shirley and Douglas Jones Technology Entrance Scholarship or the Novotny Technology Entrance Scholarship.
Students looking to appeal a scholarship decision must submit a request to StudentAwards@fanshawec.ca by September 1, 2022. At the time of request, further instruction will be provided to the student regarding collection of required information.
Half of the scholarship ($1,000) will be disbursed during the Technology Awards Ceremony. The remaining balance ($1,000) will be disbursed after the tenth day of term in the 2nd semester, after program registration is confirmed and the following are met:
- The scholarship recipient attended one of the College’s annual award ceremonies (ceremony location and date are based on the recipient's program), and;
- The scholarship recipient successfully completed Semester 1 with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.0.
Scholarship funds will be direct deposit and recipients will be notified by Student Awards through their FanshaweOnline email address with specific disbursement details.
Values subject to change
Fanshawe College reserves the right to change the listed scholarship information (i.e. availability, number of recipients and/or monetary value) without notice. Every attempt has been made to be clear in the communication of the terms and conditions outlined in this document. In the event of any interpretive disputes, Fanshawe College reserves the right to render a final determination on eligibility for scholarships. Interpretation of grade and academic equivalencies is solely at the discretion of Fanshawe College. Clarifying amendments to the terms and conditions for scholarships may be made by Fanshawe College without notice.