Fanshawe has been formally involved in research for over 10 years. Over that time, the Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI) has participated in over 300 research projects, engaging more than 30 educational institutions and approaching 200 business, industry and community partners in Southwestern Ontario and beyond. The Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI) is the one-stop shop for the research and development needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the London region.
Our highly-qualified team works with external partners to develop innovative research projects and programs, serves as a liaison to external funders and confronts real problems with thoughtful and pragmatic solutions that help organizations achieve their goals, while engaging and inspiring new generations of innovators. Students figure prominently in our research and innovation activities as we strive to produce highly-qualified graduates for the local, provincial and national labour markets and unlock potential in the next generation of Canadian innovators.
Innovation thrives here.
From principle to practice to positive impact in our community and around the world, Fanshawe Research confronts real problems with thoughtful, pragmatic and beneficial solutions while engaging and inspiring new generations of innovators.
- Support high quality education and the training of highly qualified personnel (HQP) through the development and application of knowledge.
- Build upon and develop the skills and knowledge base of our faculty and staff.
- Support economic development of our business, industry and community organizations.
- Contribute to improved environmental, health and quality of life factors in our community.
We offer a full range of services including needs assessment and analysis, project development, proposal development, research, prototyping, product testing and validation and more. Please contact us to discuss your needs and ideas.
- needs analysis and assessment.
- project development assistance from concept to commercialization.
- identification of potential funding sources (if eligible).
- proposal, project budget, and grant application assistance.
- prototyping, testing, and validation services.
- access to college-wide resources including expertise, facilities, equipment, faculty, staff and students.
- links to the expertise of colleges across Ontario through Colleges Ontario Network for Industry Innovation (CONII) and Ontario's ONE Network of Entrepreneurs.
- identify research funding opportunities.
- provide project development assistance including grant applications, proposals, project budgeting, post-award implementation and reporting.
- administer internal seed funds for research and innovation projects and knowledge dissemination.
- provide research-related information and research skills development opportunities to Fanshawe employees.
- coordinate college-wide research and innovation events to communicate and celebrate Fanshawe's faculty and staff research and innovation activities and achievements.
- provide opportunities for co-op positions in research.
- provide opportunities to participate in classroom-based projects, and individual or group capstone projects.
- provide research-related information and research skills development opportunities to Fanshawe students.
- coordinate college-wide research and innovation events to communicate and celebrate Fanshawe's student research and innovation activities and achievements.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.