The Centre for Sustainable Energy and Environments (CSEE) is a virtual, applied research centre at Fanshawe College.
CSEE was created to partner with business and industry, to undertake research in renewable energy technologies including energy management, energy-efficient building design and retrofitting, transportation, and sustainable communities. This was the College's first multi-million dollar federal research grant.
CSEE brings together academic, entrepreneurial, technical and business expertise to help companies innovate in the fields of renewable energy, alternative transportation and other green technologies. A broad range of project development, and research and innovation services are available to business clients through CSEE.
Past and current projects
- Solar Utility Vehicle (SUV)
- Solar Power Station Optimization
- Solar Shading
- Utilization of Harvested Energy Through Active Transfer (UHEAT)
- Beams and Slabs
- Concrete Performance with Additives
- Whites Lane
Past and Current Partners, Collaborators and Funders
- 3M Canada
- architects Tillmann Ruth Robinson
- Arntjen Solar
- Centennial Windows & Doors
- City of London, Parks & Recreation
- Decade Group Inc.
- Deer Run Golf Course
- London Golfland
- London Hydro
- Natural Sciences & Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Otterville Custom Golf Carts
- Prestressed Systems Inc.
- s2e Technologies Inc.
- Thames Valley Golf Course
- TRY Recycling Inc.
- Woodstock Hydro
For more information on project collaboration, please visit our Partners page.
CSEE is funded through a grant from the College and Community Innovation program, administered by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
For more information please contact:
Room K1024, London Campus
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd.
London, Ontario, Canada. N5Y 5R6