Temporarily on Hold
The Centre for Research and Innovation regrets to announce that the Research & Innovation Grant is temporarily on hold for the 2020/21 academic year.
Therefore, CRI will not be accepting applications for the calls in October and February. Projects awarded prior to this announcement will be expected to continue.
Faculty and staff who wish to explore external funding opportunities are encouraged to visit the CRI website or contact Donna Sevenpifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of the Program
The Research and Innovation Grant (RIG) provides financial support for faculty and staff to engage in research and innovation projects at Fanshawe College. The goals of the RIG program are to:
- develop the research skills of individuals,
- increase institutional capabilities, and capacities,
- strengthen our engagement with external business, industry or community partners to address their problems and/or needs, and
- enhance a culture of research and innovation at the College.
The RIG program is comprised of two streams. Stream 1 – Emerging Researcher and Stream 2 - Established Researcher. Both streams provide funding for (a) backfill for release of full-time applicants, (b) compensation for non-full-time applicants, (c) student stipends, (d) research associate stipends, (e) proposal development, and (f) direct project costs (including materials and knowledge dissemination).
|Stream 1 – Emerging Researcher|
Intended to support early stage researchers who have not previously participated in a sponsored research or innovation project. While external partners are strongly encouraged, they are not mandatory. Projects are generally narrow in scope and short in duration (4-8 months).
Maximum Stream 1 award is $10,000.
|Stream 2 – Established Researcher|
Intended to support seasoned researchers and those who have previously engaged in a sponsored project. An external partner is mandatory. As compared to stream 1, projects are generally more complex, perhaps larger in scope, and longer in duration – up to 12 months
Maximum Stream 2 award is $15,000.
To arrange a consultation or to obtain further information, please contact us at:
Room K1024, London Campus
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.