Explore | Learn | Create
Note: Due to the COVID-19 situation, the 2020 camps have been cancelled.
This unique summer camp program gives children in grades 5 and 6 an early view into the world of technology. It provides a safe and professional space for them to explore different concepts, build confidence and strengthen their technology skills.
Hosted by Fanshawe's Faculty of Technology, the Exploring Technology Summer Camp will cover some of the areas listed below:
- Power generation and distribution
- Safety and hand tools
- Sheet metal
Offered over a week (Monday to Friday) in July, students will learn about the different areas of technology. Each session will be taught by Fanshawe professors who not only teach, but also have years of experience as civil engineers, mechanical engineers, architectural technologists, plumbers, electricians, electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers, environmental engineers, chemical engineers and motive power specialists.
Practical hands-on learning is a major aspect of the program. With instruction from our professors, students will have the chance to make projects related to the weekly topic. Projects may include:
- Build a summer planter box;
- Fashion a piece of art using sheet metal materials;
- Create projects using engineering principles;
- Learn about aviation technology and much more!
For more information:
T: 519-452-4430, ext. 6037
The Kids Exploring Technology Camp is offered in partnership with:
"This was a great camp. Emily had an outstanding time and is already looking forward to the next camp. Thank you for the great programming and support!"
- Parent, Girls Exploring Technology Summer Camp 2014
"Part of our role as educators, who work in partnership with families, schools and employers, is to help students find a career path that will bring them joy and fulfillment. We owe it to the boys and girls in our community to provide education with a range of career choices, including technology and the skilled trades, so they may each find their own path based on a solid understanding of as many options as possible. Our Kids Exploring Technology Summer Camp will expand their thinking about their own futures and about the lasting contributions they will make to our community."
– Vertha Coligan, Dean, Faculty of Technology
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.