Pre-Placement Costs (2018/2019)
The following information outlines the approximate costs associated with each section of the Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form.
Health Form Section A: Medical Requirement Costs
Please note that costs for Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Forms may vary from $0 to $200. Please contact your choice of medical provider to find out the correct amount.
- Please bring the stated amount to your first appointment at the Fowler Kennedy Clinic, Family Physician and/or local Walk-in Clinic to pay for completion of the Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form.
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit will NOT fill out your Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form. They will only complete the portions of the services they provided to you.
- The Fowler Kennedy Clinic (Student Wellness Centre, Room J1004, 519-452-4230) can educate you on the procedure for TB testing. You will need four visits to complete a two-step TB test, so you may want to consider travel time and any expenses involved. TB testing for placement is covered by OHIP or MorCare insurance.
- If you need the Hepatitis B vaccination, it is covered by OHIP or MorCare Insurance at the Middlesex-London Health Unit, local Walk-in Clinic or at the Fowler Kennedy Clinic. You can make your ParaMed appointment after you receive the "second dose", as it is recognized that you are in the process of receiving the vaccination series.
Health Form Section B: Non-Medical Requirement Costs
- A Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) may be required.
International students needing a PVSC must get the screening from the London Police Service.
- If you live in London: Bring $45, photo/address identification (passport, license, mail, etc.) Forms and College Letters are available in Building D, room D3018.
The London Police Services is located at 601 Dundas Street, London. Hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. excluding Wednesdays when the office is closed. The phone number is 519-661-5670. (Click here for a London Police Services map.)
- CPR level "C" or "HCP" may be required as well as Standard First Aid training. This 2-day training might be available at the College through Part-Time Studies. Training may also be available through the Heart and Stroke Foundation, St. John Ambulance or the Canadian Red Cross.
- First Aid and CPR training will cost approximately $120 to $180 depending on the level and service provider.
- Your clearance appointment at ParaMed completes the process. Make your appointment online.
- Bring $52.84 for your clearance appointment. Cash is NOT accepted. Visa, MasterCard or Debit.
- If you need mask fitting (it is NOT always mandatory), bring $44.44 to your appointment as well.
- Failure to complete all the mandatory requirements, may require a follow up appointment of $27.49.
ParaMed's address is 148 Fullarton Street, Suite 200, London. (Click here for a ParaMed map.)
Health Form Sections D & E: No Costs
If you have any questions about pre-placement requirements, please contact our Pre-Placement Coordinator.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.