A student may complete the following tasks:
- Develop therapeutic relationships with children and youth while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Implement behaviour interventions consistent with a child’s developmental stages.
- Design and conduct therapeutic programming and activities for children and youth of various ages and needs.
- Design and use selected behaviour management techniques in keeping with the level of the clients' understanding.
- Employ a variety of skills to defuse a crisis and restore the client to calm behaviour.
- Locates and critically evaluates community resources for programs and activities as appropriate. Connects children, youth and families to them.
- Design and facilitate group work.
- Accurately record relevant interactions and issues in the client-practitioner relationships.
For more information on placements for the Child & Youth Care (CYW) program, please contact:
Chantell Carreiro (Gregory), CYW, CYC, BA Psychology
- Fanshawe's Community Employment Services has received federal funding to provide the Career Launcher program in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Aylmer, Ontario.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Fanshawe College has made the difficult decision to defer all fall 2020 convocation ceremonies.