A student may complete the following tasks:
- Work with children and adults with developmental disabilities, including autism in a variety of community and educational settings.
- Provide health care and administer medications.
- Teach skills to people with developmental disabilities.
- Perform functional behavioural assessments and implement behavioural interventions based upon these assessments.
- Implement augmentative communication strategies such as Boardmaker.
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate communication strategies and counselling techniques when working with people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Facilitate community participation.
- Lead and implement person-directed planning.
- Report incidents of abuse of children and adults with developmental disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation.
For more information on placements for the Developmental Services Worker program, please contact:
Holly Duff, Field coordinator
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.