A student may complete the following tasks:
- Be an effective volunteer in a variety of Human Service settings including (but not limited to) working with seniors in long term care facilities/nursing homes, early childhood settings, school aged youth, people with disabilities, people with mental health issues, immigrants, marginalized populations, and housing supports.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to people in basic helping situations in a positive and supportive manner.
- Identify the needs of the populations served by specific human services agencies and support the agencies to carry out their goals.
- Interact with other professionals in the Field of Human Services to contribute to the advancement of the organization.
- Serve as an advocate to communicate to others, the needs of the specific population served.
- Work collaboratively to support individuals to realize their potential.
For more information on placements for the Human Services Foundation program, please contact:
519-452-4430 ext. 4905