A student may complete the following tasks:
- Practice skills and apply knowledge from course work in an Early Years setting.
- Observe, plan curriculum and engage with children in learning through play, collaborating with their mentor and the school or centre policies and practices.
- Further their knowledge in a different Early Years setting (full day of learning, primary grades, licensed childcare) focusing on inclusive practices within the organization.
- Guide the behavior of young children; implement experiences and curriculum that fosters positive learning.
- Use appropriate screening tools to observe and document children's learning and development.
Internship CCOP ECL 1W & Solutions FLDP 7003
- Apply strategies to support learning and promote effective curriculum and pedagogy.
- International internships are available.
- Evaluate setting issues and assess various professional resources.
- Return to their internship agency and undertake a specific project that addresses an identified program issue related to curriculum and pedagogy.
For more information on placements for the Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership program, please contact:
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.