Spread across Fanshawe College’s London Campus are the London Gardens, a learning laboratory encompassing the entire campus. Students of Fanshawe’s Horticulture Technician program benefit both from the practical horticulture training in the care of the Gardens, as well as the constant exposure to one of the largest public plant collections in Ontario.
Highlights of the London Gardens:
- These botanical gardens are recognized as a public resource and are enjoyed by both amateur horticulturists and the general public.
- The London Gardens are home to one of the largest public plant collections in Ontario, always open to visitors.
- Originating from the Woodland Gardens, the London Gardens were made possible through an instrumental partnership between The Cathedral Church of Saint Paul’s and Fanshawe College.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.