General Arts and Science
The General Arts and Science program consists of a one-year certificate (10 courses - 30 credit units), with an option to complete a diploma (additional 10 courses).
|WRIT-1030 Reason & Writing *||3|
Level 2 is the end of the one-year certificate. Students have the option to continue the two-year diploma (20 courses - 60 credits units) by completing level 3 and 4.
* There is a WRIT assessment to be completed before school starts. Students may be eligible to place out of the WRIT course, but must take another course in this place.
Contact information: Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Program Coordinator: Chris Monteith, email@example.com.
What are my choices for electives?
Each semester, General Arts & Science offers courses from the following subjects:
- Indigenous Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Political Science
- Women's Studies
We also offer 7 of Western University's first-year, full year (Sept.-Apr) courses that have a September start only. These courses are 6 credits each.
- History of Western Art
- Intro to Philosophy
- Intro to Indigenous Studies
- English: Forms of Fiction
- Intro to Sociology
- Intro to Psychology
- Intro to Women's Studies
Course selection varies from term to term. Current semester course selection can be found here:
Missing admission requirements from high school? The General Arts courses listed below are equivalent to high school courses for admission purposes to some colleges and universities (please inquire with the program coordinator or Student Success Advisor).
- ANAT-3010 Anatomy Select Topics + ANAT-3011 College Qualifying Anatomy = 12U Biology (at Fanshawe only)
- BIOL-3012 Biology Select Topics + BIOL-3013 College Qualifying Biology = 12U Biology
- CHEM-3014 Chemistry Select Topics + CHEM-3015 College Qualifying Chemistry = 12U Chemistry
- COMM-3073 Communications = 12U English
- MATH-3069 College Qualifying Math = 12C Math
- MATH-3079 Calculus & Vectors = 12U Calculus & Vectors
- MATH-3080 Advanced Functions = 12U Advanced Functions
- PHYS-3005 Physics = 12C Physics
- PHYS-3005 Physics + MATH-3080 Advanced Functions = 12U Physics
- WRIT-1030 Reason & Writing = 12C English
Already have credits at Fanshawe? Use them toward a General Arts & Science certificate/diploma.
We will accept up to 9 credits from any program, plus WRIT, some COMM courses and General Education courses. You may be eligible for admission to level 2 of the General Arts & Science program, please inquire with the Program Coordinator or Student Success Advisor.