In today’s global marketplace, there is an increasing demand for skilled trades. Our skilled trade and apprenticeship training provides you with the in-school and hands-on experience you need to become a successful tradesperson. At Fanshawe, we pride ourselves in providing many academic pathways to ensure our students are able to achieve their goals.
Skilled trades are for people who enjoy working with their hands and seeing their passion come to life. There are 156 skilled trades in Ontario in four sectors: Construction, Industrial, Motive Power and Service.
Apprenticeships are employment-based training for people seeking a career in a skilled trade. Apprentices are paid while they work and their wages increase as they progress through their apprenticeship training.
- 40+ skilled trade and apprenticeship programs offered;
- Small class sizes and hands-on learning;
- Workplace-based training with experienced skilled trade workers;
- Full-time, part-time, block release, day release or online delivery;
- Academic pathways that lead to apprenticeship.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.