In today’s global marketplace, there is an increasing demand for skilled trades. Our skilled trade and apprenticeship training provides you with the in-school and hands-on experience you need to become a successful tradesperson. At Fanshawe, we pride ourselves in providing many academic pathways to ensure our students are able to achieve their goals.
Skilled trades are for people who enjoy working with their hands and seeing their passion come to life. There are 156 skilled trades in Ontario in four sectors: Construction, Industrial, Motive Power and Service.
Apprenticeships are employment-based training for people seeking a career in a skilled trade. Apprentices are paid while they work and their wages increase as they progress through their apprenticeship training.
- 40+ skilled trade and apprenticeship programs offered;
- Small class sizes and hands-on learning;
- Workplace-based training with experienced skilled trade workers;
- Full-time, part-time, block release, day release or online delivery;
- Academic pathways that lead to apprenticeship.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.